CLUB CRUISE 2016

Rockland/Warren Island/Bucks Harbor

01 August 2015
Cathy
Sunday we left Rockport and headed back to Rockland. We decided to go out for dinner at the Samoset Resort to celebrate another great month on the water. The Samoset is absolutely beautiful and the meal at the La Bella Vita restaurant was delicious. I had the lobster ravioli. I am still not sick of eating lobster. I haven't had my steamed lobster dinner yet; I am waiting for the Lobster Fest in Frenchboro. My friend Edie says it's great and the best part is the homemade pie the ladies on the island make for dessert. The fest is the second weekend in August.

It is Wednesday and we are back on the boat after a quick trip home. We hit so much traffic we are so glad to be back on the water instead of the highway. Troy didn't like the ride in the dinghy at all getting back to mooring. He was trying to claw his way out of the cat carrier. He clawed me in the process and even drew blood. Once he was back on the boat he was fine. I think even he was glad to be back, he seemed a little lost in the house. We brought Wildflower into the dock for the night to charge things up and Troy jumped off twice, what a brat. He and George spent the evening out on the deck listening to the live music from the Rockland Lobster Fest.

After provisioning for another month on the water and scrubbing down the boat, we headed out on Thursday on our way to Warren Island to catch up with Seaquill and Django. It was a beautiful sunny day and we had a nice time visiting with our friends. On Friday we all left for Bucks Harbor. Gypsea left Mount Desert Island and met us there also. Once in Bucks, George felt the water was warm enough to go in and scrub the slime off the water line of the boat. He was in there for hours. I can't imagine how bad the bottom of the boat is.

We had cocktails on Gypsea and then all walked up to Bucks Restaurant for dinner. Before dinner Dan and Daria awarded the Swan Trophy to Jack and Denise for the sailboat race from Warren to Bucks Harbor. There were only two sailboats, and even though Django arrived first, you have to deduct time for the use of your engine. The Swan Trophy is always given out at the summer cruise and it is the duty of the recipients to improve on the trophy's appearance. We will have to see what improvements Jack and Denise make. They first have to glue the swan's head back on the top as Daria accidentally broke it off.

Saturday was so beautiful we decided to stay for another day here in Bucks Harbor. Django is heading out today to catch a concert at Blue Hill Harbor. We will meet up with them on Mount Desert Island in a few days. Gypsea is heading south toward Casco Bay tomorrow. We are heading north tomorrow or down east as they call it here in Maine and stopping for a night at the Wooden Boat School located on the Eggemoggin Reach.
Comments
Vessel Name: WILDFLOWER
Vessel Make/Model: Mainship 34 Trawler
Hailing Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
Crew: George, Cathy & Troy
WILDFLOWER's Photos - Main
3 Photos
Created 30 July 2016
12 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
11 Photos
Created 24 June 2015
16 Photos
Created 10 June 2015
Our first mate
6 Photos
Created 29 June 2013

Summer Cruise 2016

Who: George, Cathy & Troy
Port: Edgewood YC - Cranston, RI
PORTS OF CALL: Dutch Harbor, Watch Hill, Mystic Seaport, Stonington and Block Island