Scolamanzi

Trinidad to Turkey 2012

15 April 2012 | Soper's Hole
09 April 2012 | San Juan
08 April 2012 | Ensenada Honda - Culebra
06 April 2012 | Charlotte Amalie
30 March 2012 | Hurricane Hole, St John
25 March 2012 | Francis Bay, St John USVI
18 March 2012
17 March 2012 | Bitter End Yacht Club
15 March 2012 | Spanish Town – Virgin Gorda
09 March 2012 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
09 March 2012 | Great Camanoe Island, BVI
09 March 2012 | Cane Garden Bay - Tortola, BVI
09 March 2012 | Jost van Dyke Island, BVI
09 March 2012 | Tortola, BVI
07 March 2012 | Peter Island - White Bay and Road Town,Tortola
19 February 2012 | Peaks Yacht Services, Chaguaramas, Trinidad
19 February 2012 | Trinidad

Soper's Hole

09 March 2012 | Tortola, BVI
Henriette - cloudy with showers ..not hot at all!
Soper's Hole:
Our true exploration will start today...with our aim set for Soper’s Hole ... a cute little bay with marshmallow pastel colour of the beautiful shops and buildings making it look like a picture from Disney World!...or even a movie set!
The amount of Americans around the place certainly emphasize that feeling! – Our main reason for coming was the Pusser’s Rum Shop and Pub! And the Captain found the pants and hat he was looking forward to since we got back from the previous trip! He did not take much time as the research has been done for months where it is an exactly which pants it should be and all was done in 10 minutes flat! Out he walked with his tropical wide brimmed hat and big bag of clothes and A BOTTLE of PUSSER’s RUM!!! .... he made me believe that the Rum was a gift for spending that much that fast! HaHa ... nice one Captain! Hope it is a good one! All the rest of the rum we have bought thus far is pretty foul...

This is where we were introduced to the infamous “Pain Killers” (we started on a no 3... not sure if that is the weakest ... but it is potent enough for a midday drink anyway! )...Pain Killer is a rum cocktail... and very drinkable ...almost in the same line as a Pinacolada... needless to say – my system should not consume more than one!

Luckily we did not anchor (so we don’t need to snorkel on the anchor and worry about dragging at night) ... so the extra pain killer was justified! Lol... By the way (info for our sailor friends) ... the buoys are of great quality and relatively cheap ...$25 a night ...the safest way to go if it is that windy....
A few of the big Guns pulled up outside the bay - We had to wonder if those big Super Yachts have half the fun we have.... and if they do ... one day cost them what our 6 months sailing trip is costing in total! Arriving in their flash supersize dinghies ... more a small speed boat size.... in fancy resort matching clothes and handbags...they just don’t have that happy look about them?.. (more subdued) than the average sailor that is having the same fun... ? Lol ....( just a side comment)
We have decided to stay only one night at a bay – even though it might be hard to do at times .... But there are just too much to do and see!...and hopefully have then time to go back to the super nice places for another day or two?
So the planning has started ...where to go next...we will have to follow the winds ... Looking out across the waters – It almost look like the yachts are all out on a Sunday cruise ... sitting pretty and white on the blue water – all so tranquil and easy and relaxed ... not chasing anything and just go where the winds are taking them... I hope the winds will take us to the nicest bays!
Comments
Vessel Name: Scolamanzi
Vessel Make/Model: Leopard 4600
Hailing Port: Mackay, Queensland, Australia
Crew: Johann Scholtz & Henriette Scholtz
About:
Johann is owner and skipper with wife and first mate Henriette. The two of us will take Scolamanzi in February 2012 on to the BVI, Bahamas and Bermuda - where Chriso (a crew member and friend from Australia) will join us in the ARC to take her to the Azores and Portugal. [...]
Extra: We take delivery of Scolamanzi in Cape Town during September 2010. After commissioning and provisioning departure will be end of October on leg one to Trinidad for our first season in the Caribbean. 20 February 2012 : We are now on our second leg of our voyage from Trinidad to Turkey....

Trinidad to Turkey 2012

Who: Johann Scholtz & Henriette Scholtz
Port: Mackay, Queensland, Australia