Scolamanzi

Trinidad to Turkey 2012

15 April 2012 | Soper's Hole
09 April 2012 | San Juan
08 April 2012 | Ensenada Honda - Culebra
06 April 2012 | Charlotte Amalie
30 March 2012 | Hurricane Hole, St John
25 March 2012 | Francis Bay, St John USVI
18 March 2012
17 March 2012 | Bitter End Yacht Club
15 March 2012 | Spanish Town – Virgin Gorda
09 March 2012 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
09 March 2012 | Great Camanoe Island, BVI
09 March 2012 | Cane Garden Bay - Tortola, BVI
09 March 2012 | Jost van Dyke Island, BVI
09 March 2012 | Tortola, BVI
07 March 2012 | Peter Island - White Bay and Road Town,Tortola
19 February 2012 | Peaks Yacht Services, Chaguaramas, Trinidad
19 February 2012 | Trinidad

Last moments at St Helena

13 November 2010
Henriette
We had such a great day on our Ford 19-voertsek model Taxi around the countryside! It is amazingly beautiful and reminds me of Tasmania (as cold as...according to Ben!) and of Eungela’s rolling hills! Very little farming – a wind farm and a few cattle and very little veggies...everything gets imported from Cape Town and Walvisbay with the RMS St Helena that is doing the rounds from CT every 2 weeks.

We started off with the extreme adventure of climbing Jacob ’s ladder!! It is huge ...high as hell..no heaven...699 steps that is triple the height of a normal step...and it killed me! We all walked like ducks the next day...one could just not trust any muscles below the hips for at least 2 days...but it was worth the amazing view...not that I would like to have that view too often anyway!

Visiting Napoleon’s last dwelling where he died and where he lived during the time of his exile. He also was buried in a tomb and exactly to the date have been exhumed him to repatriate his body to France. We were fortunate enough (?!) to be in a group of French guys when visiting Napoleon’s places of interest! ...try to avoid it if you are in a hurry to move on...they tend to ask a lot of questions and love to go into all the detail!!...being Napoleon and being French...

Talking about the Frenchmen! What a bunch of interesting and very entertaining group of guys! Very friendly and fun loving...All in between 27-29 years of age – 6 of them bought a yacht in Malaysia and sailed it from there to Thailand – Mauritius – Madagascar – Richards Bay – Cape Town – Swakkopmund – Walvis Bay – St Helena – and then on to Brazil and the Caribbean! They need to be back at work (if they still want their jobs back!! Ha ha!) by mid March..they are contemplating their options...they are sailing the yacht LAFKO...Thanks for adding to our memories Florent, Frank, Guillaume, Jean-Cristoff and Damien!! Good luck on your journey and I hope we will bump into you again somewhere! We also got reunited with John Titterton at St Helena!! Thank God...we needed all the advice we could get ...thanks to John I can now update my blogs via an email – pictures might still be limited to none or one...depending on the connection availability. John is on Ultimalife and struck the windless spot on the Atlantic just as we did ...but he had 6 days of it!!...and communication problems too...Fair winds this time ... will see you around!

Photo: Jacob's ladder
Comments
Vessel Name: Scolamanzi
Vessel Make/Model: Leopard 4600
Hailing Port: Mackay, Queensland, Australia
Crew: Johann Scholtz & Henriette Scholtz
About:
Johann is owner and skipper with wife and first mate Henriette. The two of us will take Scolamanzi in February 2012 on to the BVI, Bahamas and Bermuda - where Chriso (a crew member and friend from Australia) will join us in the ARC to take her to the Azores and Portugal. [...]
Extra: We take delivery of Scolamanzi in Cape Town during September 2010. After commissioning and provisioning departure will be end of October on leg one to Trinidad for our first season in the Caribbean. 20 February 2012 : We are now on our second leg of our voyage from Trinidad to Turkey....

Trinidad to Turkey 2012

Who: Johann Scholtz & Henriette Scholtz
Port: Mackay, Queensland, Australia