Scolamanzi

Trinidad to Turkey 2012

15 April 2012 | Soper's Hole
09 April 2012 | San Juan
08 April 2012 | Ensenada Honda - Culebra
06 April 2012 | Charlotte Amalie
30 March 2012 | Hurricane Hole, St John
25 March 2012 | Francis Bay, St John USVI
18 March 2012
17 March 2012 | Bitter End Yacht Club
15 March 2012 | Spanish Town – Virgin Gorda
09 March 2012 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
09 March 2012 | Great Camanoe Island, BVI
09 March 2012 | Cane Garden Bay - Tortola, BVI
09 March 2012 | Jost van Dyke Island, BVI
09 March 2012 | Tortola, BVI
07 March 2012 | Peter Island - White Bay and Road Town,Tortola
19 February 2012 | Peaks Yacht Services, Chaguaramas, Trinidad
19 February 2012 | Trinidad

We have left JAMES BAY St Helena - heading for the Brazilian coast

15 November 2010 | Atlantic Ocean NW of St Helena
Henriette
We are on our way again! It was such a rush last night to get the blog updated (think I made a mistake with the last blogg's coordinates and might have to send in a new email to correct it...after all ...it was done over a Windhoek Draught and French in my ears!!). The internet was pretty expensive in St Helena - 6 UK pounds for an hour!...it was so slow that you end up waisting a lot of time downloading a website. Uploading photo's was painfully slow!Towards the end we ran out of pounds (they do not take $ so we had to go all the way into town and withdraw money at a very expensive rate!!). So with the rush I ended up making a few bo-bo's. I hope to get the St H pics in on the website at some stage - was really fun but I need to put footnotes to them to make proper sense but just didn't have the time on the slow internet!Will get to it in Trinidad? I wish I could tell you about the history and the Boer cemetery and Napoleon etc. all so interesting 4 someone that has been there but I do think it is a bit risky to do...you would not all think it to be interesting reading! What was very interesting was that I found amongst the names on the Boer Memorial a HJ BADENHORST (same initials as my dad's) and JJ OBERHOLZER (same initials as my mom's dad I think??) and I was wondering if Mom or any of my Sisters or brother would know if they (our great grand parents) would have been sent there? We think that they were only sent to Ceylon,Bermuda and St Helena??1899?...it really was a very somber moment to see all the wellknown Afrikaans names (most of them in their mid 20's)...on foreign soil that far from home...

We have mild winds and Ben is desperate for another fish ...he has been so unlucky!!We have heard from the other boats of 3 tuna's in half an hour etc. and I personally do not think it particularly did the ego's any good of the Scolamanzi-fishing-team! But guess what - they will not change their tactics or believe they should take or even listen to advice (Ha ha ha!! Always funny to me to watch the testosterone moments!).... so let's hope the big one would be there for us today as we were suppose to go over a shelve where there normally is great fishing! Last night was really good fun to have had dinner and drinks with all the other (3) boats' crew. The Frogs(like John like to call the Frenchies) left last night after dinner...that is way after dinner which finished at 9pm...Florent ("Floraan"), the skipper badly wanted to see Scolamanzi and all the gadgets on board ...well the ferry that brought him in disappeared in to the black of the night and he was stranded for 2 hours with us until his(halve sozzled)mates turned up and picked him up!(We just about had to flare them down to get their attention!)His plan was to put them to bed and let the autopilot(NicoBarn)take over for the first 4 hours!The boys ran out of steam and topics to discuss and went to bed and I had to sit up with Florent for another hour till he could get going - anyway we will see them again shortly after Christmas - maybe 4 new years in either Grenanda or Martinique!...Krieg (and Dax) will enjoy them so much...

Well, duty call - after a big spring clean at 7am this morning, we left at 8am...we will have little to do today other than cooking (pre-cooked dinner tonight Lientjie!!..Lasagna) and reading and writing blogs and memo's! I will be in touch and hope the internet situation will keep it up!!

We are surely leaving the cold weather behind now and are starting to catch the tail end of the tropics ...
Comments
Vessel Name: Scolamanzi
Vessel Make/Model: Leopard 4600
Hailing Port: Mackay, Queensland, Australia
Crew: Johann Scholtz & Henriette Scholtz
About:
Johann is owner and skipper with wife and first mate Henriette. The two of us will take Scolamanzi in February 2012 on to the BVI, Bahamas and Bermuda - where Chriso (a crew member and friend from Australia) will join us in the ARC to take her to the Azores and Portugal. [...]
Extra: We take delivery of Scolamanzi in Cape Town during September 2010. After commissioning and provisioning departure will be end of October on leg one to Trinidad for our first season in the Caribbean. 20 February 2012 : We are now on our second leg of our voyage from Trinidad to Turkey....

Trinidad to Turkey 2012

Who: Johann Scholtz & Henriette Scholtz
Port: Mackay, Queensland, Australia