Scolamanzi

Trinidad to Turkey 2012

15 April 2012 | Soper's Hole
09 April 2012 | San Juan
08 April 2012 | Ensenada Honda - Culebra
06 April 2012 | Charlotte Amalie
30 March 2012 | Hurricane Hole, St John
25 March 2012 | Francis Bay, St John USVI
18 March 2012
17 March 2012 | Bitter End Yacht Club
15 March 2012 | Spanish Town – Virgin Gorda
09 March 2012 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
09 March 2012 | Great Camanoe Island, BVI
09 March 2012 | Cane Garden Bay - Tortola, BVI
09 March 2012 | Jost van Dyke Island, BVI
09 March 2012 | Tortola, BVI
07 March 2012 | Peter Island - White Bay and Road Town,Tortola
19 February 2012 | Peaks Yacht Services, Chaguaramas, Trinidad
19 February 2012 | Trinidad

In the Middle Somewhere very Fishy :

18 November 2010 | Atlantic Waters
Henriette
If you could take any map that includes the Atlantic Ocean and put your finger where you recon the middle of it is...you will most probably point at exactly where we were at some stage around "Sundower Time" (the only time we will have ONE drink each and admire another sunset) last night! It is amazing how you find goals that has been reached and new records that's been set and every now and then our FIRST...whatever...2000 miles or equator crossing etc. there are just about every minute of the day another "first ever"!! We laugh at some of them ...as it can become ridiculous...especially when boredom and exhaustion kick in ...or both!

19th November 2010 Well... today was most definitely one of those amazingly strange days - the 6am call from the deck set the pace (we thought)and had everyone up on the deck in pajamas to catch the gennekar that came undone at the tack end of he sail - nothing serious - but just the havoc it causes - once that was under control most of the crew had to go back to bed - it was just one of those nights where someone was called out (mostly Captain J!...and needless to say I woke up every time too!) and ajust sails or to make a call to bring a sail down and start motoring...we were severely sleep deprived by 6am and went back to bed with a very late breakfast....light lunch was on the menu until....reels were singing ..not one but 3 of them! Thank goodness I was doing washing(clothes!!) in the shower otherwise I would have had to bring one of them in...but they managed to get Jonkie out of his room eventually! - all the excitemnet had three little yellowfin tunas as a result! I can tell you - the three boys were very happy ...It willnever cease to amaze me how little they need to get excited! Ha!

You guessed it...the menu changed but this time we had to let go of the sudden sashimi and sushi idea and postpone it until dinner!! That also included sheared tuna stakes as a sampler with drinks...what a feast! As the Captain rightly said... the bar is getting set a tag higher ever so slightly every time we catch a fish! The main chef is feeling the pressure...

To top it all ...during Sundowner Time - just as all the food were prepared and we were patiently waiting for the sun set to engrave yet another great picture in our minds...the excitement starts all over again! This time it was a billed fish!!...no doubt! TWO MARLINS were dancing behind the boat (and they were HUGE!!...this is not a fisherman's story...this is an onlooker's honest report!!) - one were trying 3 times to take Ben's lure and the other one is actually playing with the teaser - now for the girls with a little imagination - I don't need to explain much - for the rest of you - it is a "Toy" floating behind the boat to excite the fish and lure them closer and looks pretty much like a more sturdy version of a baby's cot rattle! They unfortunately did not get hooked but that does not matter ...we saw it all and it was just fabulous to see them so close up behind the boat!

It was - all in all - a great day of good sailing - we made great distances and had all the pep-up meds we needed and that should last us at least 3 days!! Ha! - by the way - we don't need any more of that too soon - there is no freezing space!!

I am worn out! Got to go to bed now... Talk to you later
Comments
Vessel Name: Scolamanzi
Vessel Make/Model: Leopard 4600
Hailing Port: Mackay, Queensland, Australia
Crew: Johann Scholtz & Henriette Scholtz
About:
Johann is owner and skipper with wife and first mate Henriette. The two of us will take Scolamanzi in February 2012 on to the BVI, Bahamas and Bermuda - where Chriso (a crew member and friend from Australia) will join us in the ARC to take her to the Azores and Portugal. [...]
Extra: We take delivery of Scolamanzi in Cape Town during September 2010. After commissioning and provisioning departure will be end of October on leg one to Trinidad for our first season in the Caribbean. 20 February 2012 : We are now on our second leg of our voyage from Trinidad to Turkey....

Trinidad to Turkey 2012

Who: Johann Scholtz & Henriette Scholtz
Port: Mackay, Queensland, Australia