Scolamanzi

Trinidad to Turkey 2012

15 April 2012 | Soper's Hole
09 April 2012 | San Juan
08 April 2012 | Ensenada Honda - Culebra
06 April 2012 | Charlotte Amalie
30 March 2012 | Hurricane Hole, St John
25 March 2012 | Francis Bay, St John USVI
18 March 2012
17 March 2012 | Bitter End Yacht Club
15 March 2012 | Spanish Town – Virgin Gorda
09 March 2012 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
09 March 2012 | Great Camanoe Island, BVI
09 March 2012 | Cane Garden Bay - Tortola, BVI
09 March 2012 | Jost van Dyke Island, BVI
09 March 2012 | Tortola, BVI
07 March 2012 | Peter Island - White Bay and Road Town,Tortola
19 February 2012 | Peaks Yacht Services, Chaguaramas, Trinidad
19 February 2012 | Trinidad

Petite Martinique, Petite St Vincent

27 December 2010 | Grenadines
Henriette
Leaving Hillsborough (Carriacou) for Petite Martinique, Petite St Vincent was quite an exciting trip! Great winds and a full main sail took us across the crystal clear seas in no time! A small strip of absolutely snow white sand and almost florescent blue water was a great surprise on our way - Sandy Island just off Hillsborough! A few stunning Cats and Cruisers were filling the gaps that the smaller yachts and kite surfers didn't! Too full to have lunch there and way too windy made us push through to Petite Martinique. The fuel and alcohol is very cheap here (so we have read) and now would be a good time to fill up the tanks! Except that it was still a public holiday on the 27th of December on this Island! Fuel will only be available the next morning at 7am....and with all the fishing boats around Petite Martinique we thought of investigating the tiny Island of Petite St Vincent! Absolutely gorgeous! The whole island is a resort but we could anchor there and walk the beach (well...Johann and Rosemarie did ...the sun was just too hot for me at that stage!) But the waters were the most amazing blue and extremely clear in spite of strong winds blowing at the time.
The next morning at 7 the fuel man was there ready to serve us!...with fuel water and Ice!
The first Banana boat that came in for fuel sold 3 French Bagels to us and it was quite handy to get a big block of ice for the veggies that we kept in the cooler box.
Kriegler joined us much much later that night ...after the devastating loss of Australia against England in the Ashes series (which he watched at a local pub on TV).
We have learned not to let the young and fragile loose on the islands - they tend to overdo it at every possible occasion! Ha!! That comment will not go off lightly with him...I'm sure....
....Could anyone remind me why I have invited a 21 year old without company of his age on this trip???
Comments
Vessel Name: Scolamanzi
Vessel Make/Model: Leopard 4600
Hailing Port: Mackay, Queensland, Australia
Crew: Johann Scholtz & Henriette Scholtz
About:
Johann is owner and skipper with wife and first mate Henriette. The two of us will take Scolamanzi in February 2012 on to the BVI, Bahamas and Bermuda - where Chriso (a crew member and friend from Australia) will join us in the ARC to take her to the Azores and Portugal. [...]
Extra: We take delivery of Scolamanzi in Cape Town during September 2010. After commissioning and provisioning departure will be end of October on leg one to Trinidad for our first season in the Caribbean. 20 February 2012 : We are now on our second leg of our voyage from Trinidad to Turkey....

Trinidad to Turkey 2012

Who: Johann Scholtz & Henriette Scholtz
Port: Mackay, Queensland, Australia