Scolamanzi

Trinidad to Turkey 2012

15 April 2012 | Soper's Hole
09 April 2012 | San Juan
08 April 2012 | Ensenada Honda - Culebra
06 April 2012 | Charlotte Amalie
30 March 2012 | Hurricane Hole, St John
25 March 2012 | Francis Bay, St John USVI
18 March 2012
17 March 2012 | Bitter End Yacht Club
15 March 2012 | Spanish Town – Virgin Gorda
09 March 2012 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
09 March 2012 | Great Camanoe Island, BVI
09 March 2012 | Cane Garden Bay - Tortola, BVI
09 March 2012 | Jost van Dyke Island, BVI
09 March 2012 | Tortola, BVI
07 March 2012 | Peter Island - White Bay and Road Town,Tortola
19 February 2012 | Peaks Yacht Services, Chaguaramas, Trinidad
19 February 2012 | Trinidad

Union Island , New Years Eve and Happy Island

31 December 2010 | Union Island
Henriette
Union is a part of the St Vincent Islands and worth a visit! The airstrip is one amazing sight - it must look like the plane is not going to stop in time and end up in the sea! The incoming planes have to get in VERY low over the town and have this extremely short runway before it stops almost in the sea! Worth a visit if you do get here!

The town has been "revamped" and looks great and very colourful - make sure you do not suffer of migraines before entering the main street - the brightness of the colours might provoke an attack!

It is only a small town and there is not much to do. We found amazing snorkelling between our mooring and the beach - what a surprise!! Just amazing that it is right underneath you!! That was a great convenience!
We could not find motorbikes or scooters to rent (apparently the business has closed?)
We found the better restaurants to be expensive and the cocktails mediocre if judged to the standards of Grenada! - seeing that restaurants are often owned by French ...the fortunate thing about Union is that it is close enough to Tobago Keys, Palm Island and Happy Island to make little daytrips to.

Well - you can almost swim to Happy Island from where we are anchored...Ha! And worth the trouble - trust me! Try and dodge the kite surfers and you'll be right!
Happy Island will knock you over! Literally if you do taste too many Rum Punches! An experience of people, music and vibes not to be missed!! Just beautiful!

We will have our New Years Buffett at the Anchorage Yacht Club and hope the life music will be the cherry on the cake!
We would like to wish you all a Happy New Year....and Take care till we chat again!
Comments
Vessel Name: Scolamanzi
Vessel Make/Model: Leopard 4600
Hailing Port: Mackay, Queensland, Australia
Crew: Johann Scholtz & Henriette Scholtz
About:
Johann is owner and skipper with wife and first mate Henriette. The two of us will take Scolamanzi in February 2012 on to the BVI, Bahamas and Bermuda - where Chriso (a crew member and friend from Australia) will join us in the ARC to take her to the Azores and Portugal. [...]
Extra: We take delivery of Scolamanzi in Cape Town during September 2010. After commissioning and provisioning departure will be end of October on leg one to Trinidad for our first season in the Caribbean. 20 February 2012 : We are now on our second leg of our voyage from Trinidad to Turkey....

Trinidad to Turkey 2012

Who: Johann Scholtz & Henriette Scholtz
Port: Mackay, Queensland, Australia