Scolamanzi

Trinidad to Turkey 2012

15 April 2012 | Soper's Hole
09 April 2012 | San Juan
08 April 2012 | Ensenada Honda - Culebra
06 April 2012 | Charlotte Amalie
30 March 2012 | Hurricane Hole, St John
25 March 2012 | Francis Bay, St John USVI
18 March 2012
17 March 2012 | Bitter End Yacht Club
15 March 2012 | Spanish Town – Virgin Gorda
09 March 2012 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
09 March 2012 | Great Camanoe Island, BVI
09 March 2012 | Cane Garden Bay - Tortola, BVI
09 March 2012 | Jost van Dyke Island, BVI
09 March 2012 | Tortola, BVI
07 March 2012 | Peter Island - White Bay and Road Town,Tortola
19 February 2012 | Peaks Yacht Services, Chaguaramas, Trinidad
19 February 2012 | Trinidad

Tabago Cays - just indescribable beautiful!

02 January 2011 | Tobago Cays
Henriette
Jan 2011-01-01...and so the New Year started for us ... with a lot of mixed feelings...not being able to share this moment with our closest friends and family (Krieg has left by then for another festive event and Rosemarie was in bed) ...all by ourselves back at the yacht after a very expensive meal!!!.... I could not let the moment pass without having SOME fun and got onto the Baby Vuvazela and let all the Yachts around us know who is the Vuvazella Queen at midnight!! HaHa!! Shortlly after they all joined in with their version of a fog horn - even trumpets... just like elephants communicating! That was good fun!!! Needles to say - that woke Ouma Rose up!

The next morning we were off to Tobago Cays - I had my last snorkel just before we left and hung my stinger suit out to dry (there are no stingers but it has a wonderful sun protection mode!!) ...and lost it on the way to Tabago Cays - that is pretty devastating ...I will have to improvise once more!
Tobago Cays is the centre of the Caribbean! If you come here - you cannot miss it! It is a group of small deserted islands protected from the sea by Horseshoe Reef. The water colour is a kaleidoscope of blue, turquoise and jade and just absolutely so clear that you can see 10 meters detail below! Beautiful! Masses amounts and variety of fish and turtles ...even the spotted stingrays and sharks ...the type that do not like humans and will unlikely take nibble on you! Ha! Beautiful! You can easily spend 2 hours exhausting yourself without knowing it.....Only after you had a shower you realise the cramps must be from kicking with heavy extensions on your feet for an hour too long!
There is no development at all on any of these islands at Tabago Cays! There were over 90 yachts there at anchor and never felt crowded! The reef covers a huge area and you never need to bump into other divers or snorkelers!
If you run out of bread, croissants, French baguettes, Ice, drinks or cigarettes (yip... that too!) the "cigarette boats" with Mr Fabulous or Mr Quality and the likes will come up to your boat and sell those items to you! But be aware - the prices are "Xmas Prices"...and that has nothing to do with Santa's gifts! No..they are steep! So ..if you will get a fit if you don't have it ...pay the money ...if not ...wait till you get to the next destination - - Union Island and Bequia are to the south and north only around the corner!
Comments
Vessel Name: Scolamanzi
Vessel Make/Model: Leopard 4600
Hailing Port: Mackay, Queensland, Australia
Crew: Johann Scholtz & Henriette Scholtz
About:
Johann is owner and skipper with wife and first mate Henriette. The two of us will take Scolamanzi in February 2012 on to the BVI, Bahamas and Bermuda - where Chriso (a crew member and friend from Australia) will join us in the ARC to take her to the Azores and Portugal. [...]
Extra: We take delivery of Scolamanzi in Cape Town during September 2010. After commissioning and provisioning departure will be end of October on leg one to Trinidad for our first season in the Caribbean. 20 February 2012 : We are now on our second leg of our voyage from Trinidad to Turkey....

Trinidad to Turkey 2012

Who: Johann Scholtz & Henriette Scholtz
Port: Mackay, Queensland, Australia