Scolamanzi

Trinidad to Turkey 2012

15 April 2012 | Soper's Hole
09 April 2012 | San Juan
08 April 2012 | Ensenada Honda - Culebra
06 April 2012 | Charlotte Amalie
30 March 2012 | Hurricane Hole, St John
25 March 2012 | Francis Bay, St John USVI
18 March 2012
17 March 2012 | Bitter End Yacht Club
15 March 2012 | Spanish Town – Virgin Gorda
09 March 2012 | Virgin Gorda, BVI
09 March 2012 | Great Camanoe Island, BVI
09 March 2012 | Cane Garden Bay - Tortola, BVI
09 March 2012 | Jost van Dyke Island, BVI
09 March 2012 | Tortola, BVI
07 March 2012 | Peter Island - White Bay and Road Town,Tortola
19 February 2012 | Peaks Yacht Services, Chaguaramas, Trinidad
19 February 2012 | Trinidad

Rodney Bay and Marina - St Lucia

17 January 2011 | Rodney Bay
Henriette - Rainy and Windy, High humidity
This is by far the most developed bay and Marina area we have encountered on our journey through the Caribbean! And I am sure there will be plenty more to come as it certainly becomes more sophisticated and flash in many ways as we go more north. I guess it co-insides with the USA creeping closer too?...it's just one of those things...development will increase and some of the charm will be sacrificed...
We are to an extend stuck here for a few days while waiting for some much needed parts of the Raymarine wind indicator and zinks for the props that we have somehow lost on one of the heavy banging trips! The problem is that we have single entry visas (not knowing we will need to come back!) to St Lucia and would hate to pay for 2 more visas (and the drama to go to Castries again to get it!) just to pick it up ...so we will have to see if we could find a way for the parcels to us in Martinique!
In the mean time we have made the most of our time her in Rodney Bay - getting a 5-mile router situated... That will make life easier...
It was pretty rainy - apparently not the usual weather for this time of the year....like everywhere else nowadays I suppose!?
Well we made use of the one overcast but not rainy day to explore the northern side of St Lucia on a scooter - it was quite interesting and sort of nerve-racking at the same time! Captain J just about engulfed the whole scooter (leaving very little room for me!) and it was legs and knees everywhere ...which made it interesting to turn or go around the many hair bends on that road without some scary wobbles!...Tell you what... the Harley came up a few times in our minds!! 
One thing is for sure....Colour does not scare anyone! Any happy colour goes and you will find the most unusual colour on houses (cerise pink house with a fire engine red roof -no worries!) The whole valley was dotted with the most amazing colour! It makes great pictures!
We met an up-and-coming R&B artist (Metafour) in one of the Pubs (we had to stop at the lime green pub for a beer and pictures!) and listened to his first CD - Check him out and join his FB (under Lester Metafour Stephen) - I promised to promote him...so...there you go!...I kept my promise... Job done?
We found the street with the most vividly named and decorated restaurants that night (Tequila Joe, Fire Grill, Ceazer's....all top class places and prices!) and "dined out" on cocktails and entree's and spent way too much $ on one night! Budget blown!... so for the next 10 days it is back to home cooking and sundowners on Scolamanzi's deck! (whau.... the tequila really was a super size and my first after having been banned from it for 10 years!!...will always be my favourite ...as long as I stick to one only!)
Johann found his way up Pigeon Hill to go and see yet another Fort and ruins of evidence of the extend the English went through to fight the French...I couldn't bother this time...and he was very sad I did not - apparently one of the best signed and explanatory once he has seen so far...I will not get away with another: "You go...I will check out your pictures when you get back!"
Rain and more rain did not make the washing of linen an easy job - big white sheets on a small washing line and squalls of rain does not marry well!
The last day in the Marina ...we had to tidy up all the lockers and rearrange the storage to even out the weight on the boat. ....we are ready to move on...I need to brush up on my French today!
Que pensez-vous de celui?
Comments
Vessel Name: Scolamanzi
Vessel Make/Model: Leopard 4600
Hailing Port: Mackay, Queensland, Australia
Crew: Johann Scholtz & Henriette Scholtz
About:
Johann is owner and skipper with wife and first mate Henriette. The two of us will take Scolamanzi in February 2012 on to the BVI, Bahamas and Bermuda - where Chriso (a crew member and friend from Australia) will join us in the ARC to take her to the Azores and Portugal. [...]
Extra: We take delivery of Scolamanzi in Cape Town during September 2010. After commissioning and provisioning departure will be end of October on leg one to Trinidad for our first season in the Caribbean. 20 February 2012 : We are now on our second leg of our voyage from Trinidad to Turkey....

Trinidad to Turkey 2012

Who: Johann Scholtz & Henriette Scholtz
Port: Mackay, Queensland, Australia