11/12/2007, BayBoro NC
We will be leaving in a couple of days to start our trip south. We hope to leave day after tomorrow. We should have a good weather window for a comfortable sail. We will most likely stop at Sea Gate for a couple of days to do some final work on the boat. Everyone is doing well, it has been a challenge to move a 3 bedroom house to a forty foot boat - it does not all fit and I am glad we got the extra large storage shed.. it is full. More to come.
10/21/2007, Bayboro, NC
It has been a month of unemployment for me now, and it has been a great experience. It has been a BIG adjustment, but I think I am finding my groove....
I am still in contact with many of the people that I worked with and it is so easy to get caught up in the happenings of our old business. I have to remind myself.... I am no longer responsible and I must not dwell on things. This is a big change....
We just returned from 9 days in beautiful St. Martin and had a great time as usual and met many wonderful people. It certainly confirmed that we want to make it to St. Martin on our boat, and yes, Hugh and Glynn, St. Martin in 2008 would be awesome! If you talk to Barb and Dave, tell them we said hello and lets make plans!
I have been studying the charts from NC to St. Martin for about 2 1/2 years now and it was interesting flying this time. I found myself naming the islands, towns, bays and channels as we flew down the coast and through the islands.
For us, we are definitely in the final count down to move onto the boat (2 weeks left as land dwellers). Once on the boat, we will spend several weeks installing a few last minute items we think are a good idea. Then we will be heading south. More to come soon.
10/02/2007, Bayboro, Nc
Well, we sold our business 2 weeks ago and put our house on the market and we had an offer in 2 days which we have accepted. Our closing will be the end of this month, Patrick gave his notice and his last day at work will be November 2, 2007. I am packing everything up here at the house now and we will move onboard full time the first week of November.
We are going to St. Martin (flying) for 9 days leaving October 10th and will return on the 19th. It has been a great undertaking and I can't wait to get on the boat full time. We are planning to build a dock on the intercoastal waterway and use that as our home base. We will travel south for the winter, not for sure how far south, but the Bahamas are in sight!