Seaforth - The Holiday of a Lifetime

A pair of Kiwis who realised that life isn't a dress rehearsal and its time to go see the world.

01 July 2017 | Susui, Vanua Balavu, Fiji
12 June 2017 | Port Maurelle, Vava'u
10 June 2017 | Ha'apai Beach Resort, Pangai
09 June 2017 | Ha'apai, Tonga
04 June 2017 | North Minerva Reef
02 June 2017 | South Minerva Reef
10 May 2017 | Orokawa Bay, Bay of Islands
02 May 2017 | Opua, NZ
26 April 2017 | Opua, Bay of Islands
26 April 2017 | Opua, Bay of Islands
09 April 2017 | Urupukapuka Island, Bay of Islands
05 April 2017 | Gulf Harbour
24 March 2017
08 February 2017
25 January 2017
23 January 2017
22 April 2014
22 December 2013 | Smokehouse Bay, Great Barrier Island, NZ
21 December 2013 | Smokehouse Bay, Great Barrier Island, NZ
20 December 2013 | Smokehouse Bay, Great Barrier Island

Its a long way to the shops if you want a sausage roll

16 December 2013 | Waimate Island, Coromandel, NZ
Ade
It was flatter than the proverbial plate of piss for the trip over to Coromandel. We went into Coromandel Harbour for a look, then headed around to Long Bay so we could walk into Coromandel town for some things that Steve needed for his job in Coromandel Harbour tomorrow. It was stinking hot so we had several stops along the way so both us and the dogs could have a rest in the shade and a drink of water. One such stop was by the local netball and skateboard park. Soon after we arrived, two young guys turned up with their skate boards to have a go on the half pipe. We settled in to watch, but soon got tired of it as they were obviously beginners. Next thing, one of them asses over and cries out "I just broke my wrist". I thought he was being silly at first, but a quick glance at the wrist confirmed that it was bent at a sickening angle. We called the ambulance for him, then his mate phoned his mum, who came and waited, and then decided to drive him to the ambulance station herself. They all left, but we saw her later in town and said he was on some good pain killers, and would need an operation to put things right. Poor guy, 17 years old, and broke his wrist at the beginning of summer - now that would suck. The only saving grace was that it was his left wrist.

After all the excitement, it was well past lunch time, so we stopped and had some of the local mussels (there are mussel farms dotted all round this area), washed down with a cold brew or two. The walk back to Long Bay wasn't anywhere near as exciting, and we're now anchored off Waimate Island with a line out hoping to top last nights fresh pacific oysters off the rocks, and a freshly caught kahiwai. We already have more oysters (via the farm on the way back from town), so just need some willing fish to help us out. The chicken in the fridge is on standby :)

PS I forgot to mention yesterday that we could see the clouds over Auckland and could hear the rumbling thunder, while in Huse bay, where it was bright and sunny - it was very odd!
Comments
Vessel Name: Seaforth
Vessel Make/Model: Davidson 47
Hailing Port: Auckland, New Zealand
Crew: Steve & Ade
About: So we're a couple in our 40s and we've decided to abandon a responsible life with careers and stuff, sell the farm and the cars and go sailing instead. Stuff it, I might die before I get to retire so let's have fun now .... there might be time to work later.
Extra: Oh yeah ... we've got 2 dogs as well .... border collies (cute!). That's gonna make life interesting on a boat isn't it? Oh and in case you were wondering, that isn't a photo of either of us in the string vest ... or anyone we know either.
Social:

Seaforth

Who: Steve & Ade
Port: Auckland, New Zealand