Retirement to Bahamas

Mike and Judy have been sailing for some 25 years. We have dreamed for years about retiring and sailing to the Bahamas and Caribbean. We are living our dream!

05 February 2013 | Riverside Marina
26 March 2012
17 March 2012
15 March 2012
15 March 2012
06 March 2012
04 March 2012
28 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
25 February 2012
25 February 2012
25 February 2012
21 February 2012
21 February 2012
12 February 2012

Back on Board

09 January 2010
We arrive in Stuart early Saturday afternoon (January 2). We had moved the boat from the dock to a mooring before we left for New Jersey and we were pleased that Sea Sharp was safe and sound when we returned. It is a large mooring field (around 60 moorings) and we're at the outer limit so a fair ways out. We had left our dinghy on the deck of the boat so we asked the marina to take us and our considerable amount of gear out in their skiff to which they gladly obliged.

As an aside, I have to emphasize what a class marina this is. Not only are the facilities first class but the marina personnel are very considerate and professional. For example, twice a day, they take their skiff and inspect the mooring lines on each moored boat to check for chafe and security. It has been (and continues to be) very pleasant to stay here; the hospitality and professionalism of the staff contribute to this.

We load our stuff on board and settle back in. We see various of our cruising colleagues who were here when we left. Few have departed and it's great reuniting with them.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sea Sharp
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter Legend 37.5
Hailing Port: Douglas Harbour, NB, Canada
Crew: Mike, Judy and Chopin (the boat cat)
About:
Mike will be retiring in September 2008 after a long and rewarding career with the civil service in New Brunswick, Canada. I will end my career as President of Service New Brunswick, the "single window" service delivery agency for multi-jurisdictional government services to citizens and businesses. [...]

Preparing for Retirement Trip

Who: Mike, Judy and Chopin (the boat cat)
Port: Douglas Harbour, NB, Canada