Retirement to Bahamas

Mike and Judy have been sailing for some 25 years. We have dreamed for years about retiring and sailing to the Bahamas and Caribbean. We are living our dream!

05 February 2013 | Riverside Marina
26 March 2012
17 March 2012
15 March 2012
15 March 2012
06 March 2012
04 March 2012
28 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
25 February 2012
25 February 2012
25 February 2012
21 February 2012
21 February 2012
12 February 2012

A Boat for Adam

10 December 2010
Now I know that I had earlier committed to do a recap of our summer in Fredericton to bridge the gap from last year's cruise to this year's but time and projects over took me. However, I do want to let you know that I was fortunate enough to have been loaned a boat for the summer by a fellow yacht club member who was working away from town and felt it better to have the boat used than languishing on the hard for the summer. So, I sailed a very nice Tanzer 26 called Puissance. I was also very fortunate to have made the acquaintance of Adam, the son of friends of mine, who is very interested in all things sailing, including racing. So Adam became my crew, race partner and general factotum around the boat. Adam already had a great introduction to sailing from the Fredericton Sailing School an combined with his keen interest and sharp mind, he learned a lot and was an excellent crew member.

Adam wants very much to own his own boat and has been hounding his Dad to buy a boat. Well, as we were coming into Fort Lauderdale (and just after the almost disastrous engine failure chronicled in my previous post) we were followed up the river by this boat which I think fit's the bill as Adam's first boat.

Mitseah is 155 feet long and has a crew of nine. Oh and by the way, Jamie, she is for sale at $18.9 million!
Comments
Vessel Name: Sea Sharp
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter Legend 37.5
Hailing Port: Douglas Harbour, NB, Canada
Crew: Mike, Judy and Chopin (the boat cat)
About:
Mike will be retiring in September 2008 after a long and rewarding career with the civil service in New Brunswick, Canada. I will end my career as President of Service New Brunswick, the "single window" service delivery agency for multi-jurisdictional government services to citizens and businesses. [...]

Preparing for Retirement Trip

Who: Mike, Judy and Chopin (the boat cat)
Port: Douglas Harbour, NB, Canada