Retirement to Bahamas

Mike and Judy have been sailing for some 25 years. We have dreamed for years about retiring and sailing to the Bahamas and Caribbean. We are living our dream!

05 February 2013 | Riverside Marina
26 March 2012
17 March 2012
15 March 2012
15 March 2012
06 March 2012
04 March 2012
28 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
25 February 2012
25 February 2012
25 February 2012
21 February 2012
21 February 2012
12 February 2012

A Warm Reunion

06 March 2012
So with very the front now behind us but with ominous weather stretching far into next week, we have a small window to head from Lantana to Stuart where we’ll start the process of getting Sea Sharp ready to store for the summer.

We have a long ways to go today with many bridges and there is a strong head wind making going slow and manoeuvrability around bascule bridges challenging. We are ready for an early start but have to wait for the dock hands to come and help us to help us out of our labyrinthine spider web of lines we had rigged to hold us secure during the front. We finally get underway at 8:15 and have a long way to go, particularly with 15 to 20 knots on the nose slowing our speed considerably and many, many bridges. But it’s a pleasant enough day and we finally head up the St. Lucie River towards Stuart and the Loggerhead Marina, we’ll make our home again for another week or so while we get Sea Sharp ready for storage.

We call into the Marina and they assign us a slip. They tell us that they’ll have personnel to take our lines but there will also be a peanut gallery of cruising friends to welcome us and take our lines (and just wait for me to make some error in piloting our vessel into the narrow slips). Well, tired but content, we head to our assigned slip in this large marina complex and are welcomed by a number of cruisers. It feels like home! Thanks guys!
Comments
Vessel Name: Sea Sharp
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter Legend 37.5
Hailing Port: Douglas Harbour, NB, Canada
Crew: Mike, Judy and Chopin (the boat cat)
About:
Mike will be retiring in September 2008 after a long and rewarding career with the civil service in New Brunswick, Canada. I will end my career as President of Service New Brunswick, the "single window" service delivery agency for multi-jurisdictional government services to citizens and businesses. [...]

Preparing for Retirement Trip

Who: Mike, Judy and Chopin (the boat cat)
Port: Douglas Harbour, NB, Canada