Retirement to Bahamas

Mike and Judy have been sailing for some 25 years. We have dreamed for years about retiring and sailing to the Bahamas and Caribbean. We are living our dream!

05 February 2013 | Riverside Marina
26 March 2012
17 March 2012
15 March 2012
15 March 2012
06 March 2012
04 March 2012
28 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
25 February 2012
25 February 2012
25 February 2012
21 February 2012
21 February 2012
12 February 2012

Numbed in Nassau

16 January 2009
We're at the Nassau Harbour Club (23 04.5 N 77 18.75W). We're mixed up with various types of vessels; Canadian sail boaters, large motor yachts and other crafts. It is another example of the effect of the ravages of the global economic crisis, local markets and complicated infrastrurure maintenance. We were here ten years ago with our dear friends Harold and Ann on Rumpot. We had vivid memories of a conclusion of a fantastic week working our way up the Exumas from Georgetown and culminating in our couple of days in Nassau. In typical Harold and Ann fashion they booked their next guest(s), their daughter Pam to overlap our departure; their social calendar is so intense that they book their events months in advance. So, Judy and I spend a wonderful couple of days at the modest hotel overlooking the marina where Rumpot was moored.

Fast forward ten years; Sea Sharp is in the same place. The motel is a bit more shop worn and shabby but we recall vividly the pool and grounds. I also remember the nearby liquor store where I went to fulfill my obligation to Harold. On our trip up from Georgetown, we'd play Cribbage in the evening. Our wager was a bottle of rum for each game. I'm a smart guy and figured Harold for an easy mark. Well, at the end of the week, Harold was up something like eight games (eight bottles of rum). So, across I go to the shopping center across the way and get the requisite bottles of rum at $3.00 per. Harold claims that they fuelled him and crew on their return voyage as far north as Long Island before they had to restock. To finish this loop, Harold and Ann are to join us on our boat soon for a while cruising the Exumas!!!!!! I will not be suckered into the same wager for rum, however (it's now $6.00 per bottle).

Chopin's doing fine. Loves the balmy weather but note the picture when he gets too hot.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sea Sharp
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter Legend 37.5
Hailing Port: Douglas Harbour, NB, Canada
Crew: Mike, Judy and Chopin (the boat cat)
About:
Mike will be retiring in September 2008 after a long and rewarding career with the civil service in New Brunswick, Canada. I will end my career as President of Service New Brunswick, the "single window" service delivery agency for multi-jurisdictional government services to citizens and businesses. [...]

Preparing for Retirement Trip

Who: Mike, Judy and Chopin (the boat cat)
Port: Douglas Harbour, NB, Canada