Retirement to Bahamas

Mike and Judy have been sailing for some 25 years. We have dreamed for years about retiring and sailing to the Bahamas and Caribbean. We are living our dream!

05 February 2013 | Riverside Marina
26 March 2012
17 March 2012
15 March 2012
15 March 2012
06 March 2012
04 March 2012
28 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
25 February 2012
25 February 2012
25 February 2012
21 February 2012
21 February 2012
12 February 2012

Headin' North

17 April 2009
After our wonderful reunion with Ray and Patti from Whisper and a great meal with the fellow cruisers from Riverside Marina, we retreat to our hotel intending to start our long car drive home - but we'll be travelling at 70 mph, not the 7 knots we make on the boat. Our plan is to take two days to get to New Jersey, spend a few days with Judy's family, then return to NB. We hope the snow will be gone when we get home.

I find it hard to leave the boat; Judy and Chopin have turned the corner and are now looking ahead to our return. On our way home we stop at Daytona Beach to have lunch with Ray and Helen who you may remember from previous blogs as the wonderful couple who helped us immeasurably when we found out about John's death and prepared to return home. It was great seeing them again and we'll surely cross paths with them again in our travels.

The van is loaded to the gills and there's only a bit of space for Chopin, his cage and his kitty litter. But, he doesn't complain and is happy so long as he's close to Judy. The new vehicle works like a champ and we make good time to our interim destination of Florence, South Carolina.

Next day, we travel the rest of the way to Cinnaminson NJ where Judy's Mom and Dad and two of her sisters, a brother, and their families live. We run into bumper to bumper traffic around Washington and heavy rain. But, it's not too bad and we arrive here at about 6:30. The welcome as usual is warm and loving!
Comments
Vessel Name: Sea Sharp
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter Legend 37.5
Hailing Port: Douglas Harbour, NB, Canada
Crew: Mike, Judy and Chopin (the boat cat)
About:
Mike will be retiring in September 2008 after a long and rewarding career with the civil service in New Brunswick, Canada. I will end my career as President of Service New Brunswick, the "single window" service delivery agency for multi-jurisdictional government services to citizens and businesses. [...]

Preparing for Retirement Trip

Who: Mike, Judy and Chopin (the boat cat)
Port: Douglas Harbour, NB, Canada