Retirement to Bahamas

Mike and Judy have been sailing for some 25 years. We have dreamed for years about retiring and sailing to the Bahamas and Caribbean. We are living our dream!

05 February 2013 | Riverside Marina
26 March 2012
17 March 2012
15 March 2012
15 March 2012
06 March 2012
04 March 2012
28 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
25 February 2012
25 February 2012
25 February 2012
21 February 2012
21 February 2012
12 February 2012

Davit Drudgery

22 November 2010
So, you may not want to read yet another lament about my travails with the installation of davits on Sea Sharp but as they say, "suck it up". There having been absolutely no progress on this complicated and expensive project as described in my last post, I have been getting quite discouraged. Judy and Chopin remain in New Jersey waiting for launch and other than the davit's the boat is ready for the water. But, I can't seem to get the boat yard's attention. So, when I got up this morning, I decided it was showdown time.

I talk to the marina manager and inform her that despite my best efforts to expedite the process, there has been no progress and I can't wait any longer and have to abandon my plans in favour of launching and moving on. The installer came to the boat shortly and gave me his commitment to get on with it and have things ready for a Friday launch. I agreed on the condition that he would give me his word to get crackin'. And he did. The first order of business was to remove the bimini and dismantle all of the gear off the stern of the boat. So, refer to the picture from the last post, "delayed davits" to see what the stern looked like before the denuding we undertook. This picture for this post shows the stern with no stainless parts mounted but now on the ground under the boat. We're now beyond the point of no return........
Comments
Vessel Name: Sea Sharp
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter Legend 37.5
Hailing Port: Douglas Harbour, NB, Canada
Crew: Mike, Judy and Chopin (the boat cat)
About:
Mike will be retiring in September 2008 after a long and rewarding career with the civil service in New Brunswick, Canada. I will end my career as President of Service New Brunswick, the "single window" service delivery agency for multi-jurisdictional government services to citizens and businesses. [...]

Preparing for Retirement Trip

Who: Mike, Judy and Chopin (the boat cat)
Port: Douglas Harbour, NB, Canada