Retirement to Bahamas

Mike and Judy have been sailing for some 25 years. We have dreamed for years about retiring and sailing to the Bahamas and Caribbean. We are living our dream!

05 February 2013 | Riverside Marina
26 March 2012
17 March 2012
15 March 2012
15 March 2012
06 March 2012
04 March 2012
28 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
25 February 2012
25 February 2012
25 February 2012
21 February 2012
21 February 2012
12 February 2012

Georgetown Chapter 3

07 February 2011
We've settled back into the Georgetown cruisers' lifestyle since our return from Long Island. The weather has been fantastic; a sharp contrast to the last two years. The only recent cold front of consequences was more than two weeks ago and there are none forecast for the near future. Every day is sunny and warm with balmy breezes.

We've been doing the typical Georgetown thing; up at 6:30 to listen to the weather on short wave, listen to the very important and infomtive cruisers' net at 8:00, often over to town in teh morning for provisions water and internet. In the afternoon, we read, swim, hike and relax. We usually have a happy hour or dinner with others and to bed around 8:00.

Except, I've been plagued with minor (but irritating) boat problems. My wind generator packed it in and the company sent by expedited delivery a new circuit board. Supposed to have taken 3 to five busness days but here it is almost two weeks later and I cannot find it! I already told you about the hose between the head (toilet) and holding tank plugging up and the terrible job cleaning this out. The next day, we tried to pump out the holding tank(it was full) and the pump would not work! So another half day to tear this apart, clean it (yuck) and get it going. The the shower sump pump stopped working. Have not fixed this yet.

Appropriately, the sermon at beach church on Sunday referred to the patience and understandnig that cruisers must maintain when faced with the various irritants and travails that are attendant in a cruising lifestyle!

We've been enjoying the company or Roger and Jacquie but also Jim and Irene from Escapaid who we oriiginally met when we joined Harold and Ann on Rumpot twelve years ago. There are about 250 boats now in the harbour and there's much activity.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sea Sharp
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter Legend 37.5
Hailing Port: Douglas Harbour, NB, Canada
Crew: Mike, Judy and Chopin (the boat cat)
About:
Mike will be retiring in September 2008 after a long and rewarding career with the civil service in New Brunswick, Canada. I will end my career as President of Service New Brunswick, the "single window" service delivery agency for multi-jurisdictional government services to citizens and businesses. [...]

Preparing for Retirement Trip

Who: Mike, Judy and Chopin (the boat cat)
Port: Douglas Harbour, NB, Canada