Retirement to Bahamas

Mike and Judy have been sailing for some 25 years. We have dreamed for years about retiring and sailing to the Bahamas and Caribbean. We are living our dream!

05 February 2013 | Riverside Marina
26 March 2012
17 March 2012
15 March 2012
15 March 2012
06 March 2012
04 March 2012
28 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
25 February 2012
25 February 2012
25 February 2012
21 February 2012
21 February 2012
12 February 2012

Buzzard's Bay

18 September 2008
This morning we went into the small town of Onset to sort out some technology problems. I'll spare the details but it seems like we've been getting dinged some horrendous charges for using email and internet on the iPhone. If it kept going, I'd have to delay retirement just to pay the charges. I thought I had subscribed to a package which included this all but it'll have to be sorted out or I send the thing back.

Judy took Chopin for a long walk (ok drag) on the beach. We spoke with Tom and Lisa, the former owners of Sea Sharp (then Blown Away) who live in Mystic. We really would like to meet up with them to share stories and show them what we've done with Sea Sharp. They have a cruising catamaran which they take south most years. We have a tentative plan to go to Mystic tomorrow so for today we'll split the difference. We exited Buzzard's Bay amid lots of traffic and down the shipping lane. As soon as I felt confident I veered off the shipping lane and cut the buoys towards Sakonnet River. We just arrived at this very pleasant beach on the Sakonnet River. We are just around the corner so to speak from Newport RI which is an extremely busy port but this place is wonderfully quiet. Water is surprisingly warm and, of course, Judy went for a swim.


We'll have a walk on the beach, shower, clean the boat, etc and have a relaxing evening. Tomorrow up early to go past Point Judith and Block Island on our way to Mystic and the beginning of Long Island Sound.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sea Sharp
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter Legend 37.5
Hailing Port: Douglas Harbour, NB, Canada
Crew: Mike, Judy and Chopin (the boat cat)
About:
Mike will be retiring in September 2008 after a long and rewarding career with the civil service in New Brunswick, Canada. I will end my career as President of Service New Brunswick, the "single window" service delivery agency for multi-jurisdictional government services to citizens and businesses. [...]

Preparing for Retirement Trip

Who: Mike, Judy and Chopin (the boat cat)
Port: Douglas Harbour, NB, Canada