Retirement to Bahamas

Mike and Judy have been sailing for some 25 years. We have dreamed for years about retiring and sailing to the Bahamas and Caribbean. We are living our dream!

05 February 2013 | Riverside Marina
26 March 2012
17 March 2012
15 March 2012
15 March 2012
06 March 2012
04 March 2012
28 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
25 February 2012
25 February 2012
25 February 2012
21 February 2012
21 February 2012
12 February 2012

Interlude

04 October 2008
Judy and I are enjoying the great hospitality of her parents, Gerry and Eileen in Cinnaminson New Jersey. We left our boat at the Marina in Greenwich on Wednesday and will return to her tomorrow (Sunday). It has been strange to sleep in a bed that does not move, to drive a car and to not do our daily ritual of navigation, figuring out where to end up, etc.

We have relaxed, provisioned and had some quality time with Gerry and Eileen and Judy's brother and sister and their children.

There is absolutely nothing you cannot get in south Jersey so as stated in our previous blog, we have a new cell phone, a wireless gizmo for our laptop, various things at West Marine, a new battery for our laptop and many provisions for our next leg of the trip.

We feel like we are starting the third chapter of our trip; the first two being:
- the repeat trip down the Bay of Fundy to Rockland Maine (we've done this may times and while it is arduous, we know the way)
- the unfamiliar and challenging trip from Rockland to Cape May New Jersey (new territory, still challenging seas and conditions, difficult harbours et.)
- and now, the Chesapeake and the ICW - certainly unfamiliar but with much more pleasure boat traffic, marinas, places to put in, no fog, improving weather and protected sailing.

We should be at the Annapolis Boat Show, the largest boat show in North America, by mid next week. We are still on schedule (yes, I still operate by schedule) and very much anticipating returing to Sea Sharp.

Again, I empasize that our email has been problematic lately so if you have sent us a message and we have not returned it, it's not our insolence; it may be that we did not get it. Please send again.

Life is good!
Comments
Vessel Name: Sea Sharp
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter Legend 37.5
Hailing Port: Douglas Harbour, NB, Canada
Crew: Mike, Judy and Chopin (the boat cat)
About:
Mike will be retiring in September 2008 after a long and rewarding career with the civil service in New Brunswick, Canada. I will end my career as President of Service New Brunswick, the "single window" service delivery agency for multi-jurisdictional government services to citizens and businesses. [...]

Preparing for Retirement Trip

Who: Mike, Judy and Chopin (the boat cat)
Port: Douglas Harbour, NB, Canada