Retirement to Bahamas

Mike and Judy have been sailing for some 25 years. We have dreamed for years about retiring and sailing to the Bahamas and Caribbean. We are living our dream!

05 February 2013 | Riverside Marina
26 March 2012
17 March 2012
15 March 2012
15 March 2012
06 March 2012
04 March 2012
28 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
26 February 2012
25 February 2012
25 February 2012
25 February 2012
21 February 2012
21 February 2012
12 February 2012

Wending Our Way Through Georgia

10 December 2008
Last night's anchorage was fine even though we shifted 180 degrees twice in the night with the changing tides. The bottom is very thick mud and we hold well. Our day today is again through many creeks sounds and cuts. In fact, the guide book tells me that the coast of Georgia is about 100 miles but our trip along the ICW is about 140 so we do a lot of twisting and turning. Sometimes you'll see another boat's mast, a boat which may be way ahead or behind and they seem to be right next to you. It is very interesting however, and we thoroughly enjoy it. We make good distance today and transit yet another very difficult spot in the ICW called Little Mud River. We get there at high tide and show nothing less than 12 feet.

We anchor in another creek called Frederica Creek, the only boat here. Again, we expect to shift heading in the night with the change of tide but aren't really worried because the holding is so good and we have lots of room.

Today and the last are what boating friends of ours call "gold seal days"; days where we spend no money (or at least don't have to open our wallets). Perhaps in a future blog, I'll talk a bit about cruising cost, which is a preoccupation of most cruisers (yes I'm sure even those with the Mega Yachts).

We are close to Brunswick and should have a short day tomorrow, getting into Brunswick early so we can prepare for Bob and Carolyn to join us on Wednesday.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sea Sharp
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter Legend 37.5
Hailing Port: Douglas Harbour, NB, Canada
Crew: Mike, Judy and Chopin (the boat cat)
About:
Mike will be retiring in September 2008 after a long and rewarding career with the civil service in New Brunswick, Canada. I will end my career as President of Service New Brunswick, the "single window" service delivery agency for multi-jurisdictional government services to citizens and businesses. [...]

Preparing for Retirement Trip

Who: Mike, Judy and Chopin (the boat cat)
Port: Douglas Harbour, NB, Canada