Voyage of Seawing

The Crew of Seawing are preparing to embark on an epic adventure, sailing southward through the Caribbean. Follow along on this site and experience the adventure with them.

05 October 2009 | Staniel Cay, Exuma, Bahamas
05 May 2009 | Long Island, Bahamas
04 May 2009 | Georgetown, Exuma, Bahamas
20 April 2009 | Stocking Island, Exuma Cays, Bahamas
19 April 2009 | Stocking Island, Exuma Cays, Bahamas
18 April 2009 | Sand Dollar Beach, Exuma Cays, Bahamas
07 April 2009 | Stocking Island, Exuma Cays, Bahamas
04 April 2009 | Elizabeth Harbour, Great Exuma, Exuma Cays, Bahamas
03 April 2009 | Little Farmers Cay, Exuma Cays, Bahamas
31 March 2009 | Little Farmers Cay, Exuma Cays, Bahamas
30 March 2009 | Staniel Cay, Exuma Cays, Bahamas
28 March 2009 | Big Major Spot, Exuma Cays, Bahamas
26 March 2009 | Big Major Spot, Exuma Cays, Bahamas
25 March 2009 | Staniel Cay, Exuma Cays, Bahamas
24 March 2009 | Big Major Spot, Exuma Cays, Bahamas
24 March 2009 | Staniel Cay, Exuma Cays, Bahamas
24 March 2009 | Big Major Spot, Exuma Cays, Bahamas
23 March 2009 | Big Major Spot, Exuma Cays, Bahamas
21 March 2009 | Normans Cay, Exuma Cays, Bahamas

Tony, Beach Volley Ball & Swamped Dingies

20 April 2009 | Stocking Island, Exuma Cays, Bahamas
Glenn.
Later this afternoon, after finishing hauling water and grocery shopping, I was sitting at a table on the beach, reading my Bible. Most of the usual crowd of boaters had left already. A small group of people decided they wanted to play volleyball & tried to press me into service as a player. Tony almost physically tried to drag me to the court. He saw I was reading my Bible and sat down to talk..we talked for a while. Tony now identifies himself as a Catholic, but has been involved with many things, including Harre Chrishna (sp?). We talked of sin and the day of judgment..had some trouble getting over his feelings of his own goodness. I think there is the beginning of some understanding of any sin, is sin before God and has to be answered for on the Day of Judgment.



They managed to get me to play volleyball..played some four games or so..was pretty fun really..haven't played in a long time. Just as the games were ending, my radio began crackling and I heard another boat calling Seawing and Sue answering. The kids had taken our dingy down to the next anchorage with some other kids in their dingy, pulled the dingies up on the beach, but when the tide came in, the waves washed over the sterns, totally swamping the dingies...swamping one motor and getting water in our fuel tank.



I was able to get one of the volleyball players to give me a ride in his dingy down to Sand Dollar beach to s/v Freespirit (a schooner where the dingies were towed). I arrived to find the captain of the schooner had just about finished filtering my fuel for the second time, through a special filter to remove water. I was able then to bleed the fuel hose, connect to engine and fire her up..ran good all the way home. The kids were afraid they'd be in big trouble & would never again be allowed to dingy off places by themselves..fears that were unfounded. Another day, another adventure.

I believe we will begin to see Regatta action tomorrow.
Comments
Vessel Name: SeawingI
Vessel Make/Model: Gulfstar Aux. 41'
Hailing Port: Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Crew: Glenn, Sue, Jacquie & Ben
Home Page: www.seawing.net

Who are these crazy sailors anyhow?

Who: Glenn, Sue, Jacquie & Ben
Port: Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Q: Why "Seawing"? A: "If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me." (Psalms 139:9-10)
"And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead." (Acts 17:30-31)