The Trip to Kauai!

Second Verse is in Oahu!

22 July 2010
Second Verse is now safely in Oahu berthed at the Waikiki Yacht Club. I tell you what, that channel sucked! We left at 0300 and made the channel by first light. At that point it was not too bad, but about 1300 the winds picked up and the sea state was yucky. From then on it was a bash all the way to the lee of the island. We cracked off a bit to help the motion, but there is just not much else one could do except to suck it up and go! Gary and I were in good spirits and made each other laugh the entire way (no sleep with the motion of the boat!). The funny thing is that we made better time than we expected and we got to the Honolulu too early, 0300. I did not want to entire the harbor at night, so we had to stand off for three hours. We almost ran into two boats about five miles off that we not on AIS and had no running lights! No shit! The only way I saw them was with radar and Gary and I kept saying, well shit, there is something there, we can't see it, but let' s turn away. Sure enough, at first light we saw them! Weird.

All is well now and we are berthed right next to these huge PacCup boats. Pegasus is next to me as well as a huge sled. My Cascade looks good!

Pakale and Harrier should be off last night or today. Warriors Wish is here with me and it looks like Blue Moon is sold.

Second Verse, sighing off.
Vessel Name: Second Verse
Vessel Make/Model: Cascade 36
Hailing Port: Coyote Point, CA
Crew: AJ Goldman
About: Father of Kelsey and Dylan
Second Verse's Photos - Main
5 Photos
Created 3 June 2010