Semper Vivens

04 October 2010 | Berlin, DE
29 September 2010 | Düsseldorf-Köln-Düsseldorf
28 September 2010 | Muiden – Terborg - Düsseldorf
27 September 2010 | Amsterdam, NL
27 September 2010 | Callantsoog, NL (6m below sea level)
25 September 2010 | Callantsoog-Hoorn-Breezanddijk-Den Helder-Callantsoog NL
23 September 2010 | Arras, France
22 September 2010 | Dieppe-Picquigny-Albert-Vimy, FR
21 September 2010 | Pourville(Dieppe), FR
19 September 2010 | Le Mont St-Michel, Saint-Malo, Tréhorenteuc
18 September 2010 | Courseulles-sur-Mer, FR
17 September 2010 | St-Agnan-le-Malherbe and Bayeux
16 September 2010 | St-Agnan-le-Malherbe
15 September 2010 | Heuqueville, FR
07 April 2010 | HFX
07 April 2010 | HFX
23 December 2009
16 September 2009 | HFX
06 September 2009 | hfx
01 September 2009 | HFX

Hallowe'en

31 October 2007 | Greenwich, NJ
Steve/sky clear, wind W 5-10kts, 15C
We awoke this morning to the chants of the US Coast Guard trainees doing their morning run ("One, two, three, four, we love the Coast Guard!"). While we were prepared to stay another day to find a good neighbourhood for the girls to go trick-or-treating in, we met another Canadian boat from Montreal, "Fiere Allure" (Stephane and Milene and their daughters Katherine and Camille, the same ages as ours), and they told us they planned to go to Greenwich today. We quickly decided to follow, and after a good sail around Cape May and then up into Delaware Bay, we entered the winding Cohansey River and came to anchor at Greenwich. Greenwich boasts many American Revolution era houses, and as one of the locals told us, "We're famous for burning British tea in 1775!" Steph and Marine spent the day finalising their costumes, and we met up with, who dressed as pirates. We took the dinghies ashore and eventually found Main Street, and the girls had a great time together (seen above with one of the locals...)
The girls are settling into boat life quite well. They are moving along in their math homework, and Steph has just re-strung and tuned her violin, and is playing again. Marine has learned some new tunes on her harmonica. They are getting caught up in their journals, and they are reading books like crazy. We will have to find a book exchange soon to bring fresh reading material onboard.
Comments
Vessel Name: Semper Vivens
Vessel Make/Model: Avance 40
Hailing Port: Halifax, NS
Crew: Judy, Steve, Stephanie and Marine
About: Having completed a nine-month voyage in 'Semper Vivens' in 2007/08, the crew develops itchy feet again and decide to head over to Europe for a four-month "land cruise"!

About Us

Who: Judy, Steve, Stephanie and Marine
Port: Halifax, NS