Semper Vivens

04 October 2010 | Berlin, DE
29 September 2010 | Düsseldorf-Köln-Düsseldorf
28 September 2010 | Muiden – Terborg - Düsseldorf
27 September 2010 | Amsterdam, NL
27 September 2010 | Callantsoog, NL (6m below sea level)
25 September 2010 | Callantsoog-Hoorn-Breezanddijk-Den Helder-Callantsoog NL
23 September 2010 | Arras, France
22 September 2010 | Dieppe-Picquigny-Albert-Vimy, FR
21 September 2010 | Pourville(Dieppe), FR
19 September 2010 | Le Mont St-Michel, Saint-Malo, Tréhorenteuc
18 September 2010 | Courseulles-sur-Mer, FR
17 September 2010 | St-Agnan-le-Malherbe and Bayeux
16 September 2010 | St-Agnan-le-Malherbe
15 September 2010 | Heuqueville, FR
07 April 2010 | HFX
07 April 2010 | HFX
23 December 2009
16 September 2009 | HFX
06 September 2009 | hfx
01 September 2009 | HFX

Exuma Cay Land and Sea Park

09 January 2008 | Warderick Wells
Sunny, 32C, Wind E 10-15 (as usual...)
(Photo: Semper V (center) at Warderick Wells)

The park at Warderick Wells is superb. We hiked along the trails on the north end of the island, which are dotted with excellent interpretive panels about the ecosystem, and several of us had our hats blown off by the blowholes that funnel air up through the rock from where the waves crash against the caves being carved out below. We trudged up to Boo Boo Hill, which owes its name to a shipwreck that carried missionaries on board, with all souls perishing. Legend has it that their ghosts may be heard on moonlit night singing hymns, but as we were there during a new moon, we heard nothing but the steady 15-knot easterly wind (even the regular visitors here are commenting on the relentless winds). The night sky, however, is gorgeous, and we have seen a few spectacular meteorites and the Space Station cross overhead.

We tried snorkelling at one of the choice spots in the southern cut to the mooring channel, but the current was a little too strong for Marine, so we shifted to a more sheltered location. In the interim, I managed somehow to sweep a fin and my snorkel overboard the dinghy without noticing, and it wasn't until I started to gear up 20 minutes later that I noticed the missing items. We doubled back to the dinghy buoy in the cut where I figured I lost the gear, but our best attempt at a search-and-rescue pattern looking through our glass-bottomed bucket was fruitless, and I resigned myself to having to wait until Georgetown in another week or so before being able to replace fins and snorkel.
Comments
Vessel Name: Semper Vivens
Vessel Make/Model: Avance 40
Hailing Port: Halifax, NS
Crew: Judy, Steve, Stephanie and Marine
About: Having completed a nine-month voyage in 'Semper Vivens' in 2007/08, the crew develops itchy feet again and decide to head over to Europe for a four-month "land cruise"!

About Us

Who: Judy, Steve, Stephanie and Marine
Port: Halifax, NS