THE ADVENTURES OF S/V SERENITY AND HER CREW

10 November 2015
10 November 2015
10 November 2015
10 November 2015
10 November 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
03 June 2015
03 June 2015
03 June 2015

Ile des Pins--New Caledonia

02 October 2011
(The admiral's post) It was tough leaving Port Moselle on Saturday 9/17/2011 having enjoyed a truly great cup of coffee at the restaurant/bar at the top of the guest dock ramp. But leave we did and at 9am just one day behind our friends Ken and Lori on S/V Trim. It was a beautiful five hour motor with a nice steady breeze right on our nose. After passing Porc-Epic Island (Porcupine Island named because of it's shape and spiny look from the many pine trees) something unusual happened-- I actually got first glimpse of a hugh splash in the bay less than a mile off our port stern. I pointed and Gordon saw the spout and then we both saw a whale 'spy-hop'--what we assumed was the nose of a humped back whale breached the surface of the water). It never ceases to be fascinating to see these creatures. We saw him splash and blow one more time further off our stern. We made our way back through Woodin Canal and past it we made a right--heading south to a pass between the reefs leading into Port Koute at Ile Ouen( pronouned Waaaaang--hide that -ng deep in your throat like it's trying to get out and you won't let it. That's my take on the pronounciation but Gordon just pinches his nose to say it and gets similar results - my man's very talented) After dropping our anchor in about 30 feet, we called Trim on the VHF, the only other boat in the anchor. Things straightened away, electronics off, we lowered the dinghy and headed over to impose ourselves on our friends. It's been great hooking up with Ken and Lori, sharing meals and exchanging DVD's. We have made so many wonderful friends on our adventures, but the sad part has always been saying good-bye. We will probably be able to continue spending time with Ken and Lori at least to and hopefully in Australia. After Australia we don't know for sure where we will go and when we will leave.
Comments
Vessel Name: serenity
Vessel Make/Model: Tayana 52 Deck Salon
Hailing Port: Ventura/Mammoth Lakes California
Crew: SHERRY AND GORDON CORNETT
About: ON AN ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME--LEARNING,LOVING,EXPERIENCING LIFE TOGETHER.
Extra: FOLLOW US AS WE TRAVEL THE SEAS OF THE WORLD.
serenity's Photos - Main
La Cruz
5 Photos
Created 3 March 2010

THE CREW OF SERENITY

Who: SHERRY AND GORDON CORNETT
Port: Ventura/Mammoth Lakes California