THE ADVENTURES OF S/V SERENITY AND HER CREW

10 November 2015
10 November 2015
10 November 2015
10 November 2015
10 November 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
08 June 2015
03 June 2015
03 June 2015
03 June 2015

Ile des Pins--New Caledonia

03 October 2011
9/26/2011 We moved NW again up to Gadji Bay. We anchored in 15 feet of crystal clear water in a pale green/blue bay. Ken and I scuba dived the pass (Bumbu) at Gadji and saw a beautifully colored coral reef with tons of fish--very healthy reef. We then dinghy explored the protected bays and islets around Gadji-- we were alone and walked on white sand beaches that were free of human footprints. We loved Gadji, and the weather was very clam--however, we were not real comfortable as the bottom was thin sand over hard coral and our excellent Rocna anchor would not set. We moved up and over the top of Ile des Pins to the east side of the island. There were strong westerly winds predicted and Baie de Oro would be more protected and safer. Trim and Serenity were the only boats in Oro until we were joined by our friends on the catamaran Na Maka. Gerome, Natalie, and their young boys-- Leo, Artur, and Tetoi are French and we have known them since Niue. We were invited to dnner on Na Maka and had a great evening. Ken and I dived on the reef at Oro and saw large schools of fish. We also hiked to the 'Blue pool' which is a natural salt water pool with tons of fish and clear water. The wind did clock around to the west and we had gusts over 25 knots--but we were protected and safe. Baie de Oro is beautiful and actually has a five star Starwood resort with fabulous bungalows--to expensive for us though. We stayed three nights at Oro then headed back to Noumea, stopping for one night at Baie Uie. We are currently in Port Moselle at Noumea getting ready for our five day crossing to Bundaberg, Australia.
Comments
Vessel Name: serenity
Vessel Make/Model: Tayana 52 Deck Salon
Hailing Port: Ventura/Mammoth Lakes California
Crew: SHERRY AND GORDON CORNETT
About: ON AN ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME--LEARNING,LOVING,EXPERIENCING LIFE TOGETHER.
Extra: FOLLOW US AS WE TRAVEL THE SEAS OF THE WORLD.
serenity's Photos - Main
La Cruz
5 Photos
Created 3 March 2010

THE CREW OF SERENITY

Who: SHERRY AND GORDON CORNETT
Port: Ventura/Mammoth Lakes California