Decisions, decisions mmmm
20 November 2010 | Sun Harbor Marina
Steve, wind and rain
I decided to pop into Sun Harbor for a couple of nights on my way north, this gave me an opportunity to give Si Bon a very nice bath, it also allows me to be able to provision a little easier as I don't have to ferry things in the dinghy and I'm also about 45 minutes closer to Mission Bay. The bad news is that the weather guessers have now issued a small craft advisory (not that Si Bon is a small craft), so I need to make a decision soon on when to leave. I now have Russ and Rich ready to go on Sunday (tomorrow) and if I put it off until Monday I may be single handing. I have a new "heavy weather" sail called a yankee sail that I haven't been able to use yet... 25 knot with 30 gusts would give me a good chance to hoist the yankee and find out how it works, I really don't want to use the yankee for the first time if I'm single handing.....decisions, decisions. Think I'll go have breakfast with Amber and decided later.
UPDATE; Just got a FB message from Rob who is on the hook in Glorietta Bay...35 knot gusts and BabaYaga is blowing towards the Coronado Yacht Club, ahhh it's nice to be at Sun Harbor.