S/V Si Bon

Who: Steve Cook
Port: San Diego, California
21 May 2013 | San Diego
05 May 2013 | San Diego
19 April 2013 | Sun Harbor Marina, San Diego, Ca. USA
17 April 2013 | Ensenada to San Diego
08 April 2013 | San Diego (by land)
06 April 2013 | San Diego (by land)
03 April 2013 | Marina Coral, Ensenada, Baja California
29 March 2013 | Ensenada
25 March 2013 | Bahia Tortuga, Baja California
21 March 2013 | Punta Abreojos
12 March 2013 | San Jose Cabo
10 March 2013 | San Jose Cabo
06 March 2013 | Nuevo Vallarta
28 February 2013 | Paradise Village, Nuevo Vallarta mexico
26 January 2013 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
04 January 2013 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
23 December 2012 | Barra de Navidad
19 December 2012 | success and failure
17 December 2012 | Ixtapa to Manzanillo

Loreto

16 May 2011 | Puerto Escondido
Steve
Loreto is a coastal town about 15 miles north of Puerto Escondido. Loreto doesn´t have any reliable anchorage, so the best way to visit it is by road. A cab ride to Loreto costs around $50 USD dollars each way. Bob and I had decided on the way here that we would like to check out Loreto while in the area and that we might just as well spend a night or two there since it was going to cost us 100 buck just to get there and back. As luck would have it one of the workers at the Marina here was just getting ready to go to Loreto so we hitched a ride with him and gave him 300 Pasos (25USD). We checked into a really nice hotel called the Sante Fe and each got our own room, thus not only getting a boat break but also getting a little break form each other. Let´s face it, living together on a 42 foot sailboat doesn´t give you a lot of personal space.
Loreto Is a nice little town that supposedly has a lot of retired gringos living in it. We saw very few retired gringos, or anyone else for that matter, the town was VERY quiet, in fact with the exception of hordes of teenagers on rollerblades, there was almost no one to be seen. We never the less enjoyed our time in Loreto and ended up staying two nights. When we were getting ready to leave some dude in the hotel lobby that had been trying for the past two days to sell us hiking and kayak tours, offered us a ride back to Puerto Escondido and a free breakfast. All we had to do was listen to a "short" presentation that he swore up and down wasn´t a time share. Well of course it was a time share, but we got a nice tour of a beautiful resort, a free breakfast and a free ride back to PE....and all I had to do was say no 136 times and in half a dozen different ways.
Tomorrow we´ll be leaving PE and working our way up to Santa Rosalia, I should have internet access along the way, but may not be able to blog everyday.
Comments
Vessel Name: Si Bon
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 411
Hailing Port: San Diego, California
Crew: Steve Cook
About:
This is the plan.....In late 2009 after going on a wonderful charter to Turkey and Greece and seeing and living the cruiser lifestyle I decided to move into the next phase of my life. [...]
Extra: I am currently in Banderas Bay (Puerto Vallarta area), where I will be spending the 2012 hurricane season at the beautiful Paradise Village Marina.

Who: Steve Cook
Port: San Diego, California