S/V Si Bon

Who: Steve Cook
Port: San Diego, California
21 May 2013 | San Diego
05 May 2013 | San Diego
19 April 2013 | Sun Harbor Marina, San Diego, Ca. USA
17 April 2013 | Ensenada to San Diego
08 April 2013 | San Diego (by land)
06 April 2013 | San Diego (by land)
03 April 2013 | Marina Coral, Ensenada, Baja California
29 March 2013 | Ensenada
25 March 2013 | Bahia Tortuga, Baja California
21 March 2013 | Punta Abreojos
12 March 2013 | San Jose Cabo
10 March 2013 | San Jose Cabo
06 March 2013 | Nuevo Vallarta
28 February 2013 | Paradise Village, Nuevo Vallarta mexico
26 January 2013 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
04 January 2013 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
23 December 2012 | Barra de Navidad
19 December 2012 | success and failure
17 December 2012 | Ixtapa to Manzanillo

On the hard...or not, that is the question.

29 June 2011 | at a desk
Steve
One of the reasons I didn't stay in Bahia San Pedro longer was that I need to complete 45 hours of continuing education every 4 years in order to maintain my California Real Estate licensee. I am able to complete the courses on line, however it does require a reliable internet connection. Marina Real has what I've found to be the most reliable internet connections since leaving San Diego...so it was a great chance to at least get started on my testing. I've finished one of three final exams and am waiting until 3:52 local time to take exam number 2.
Tomorrow I'll be leaving Bahia Algodones and moving a whooping 6 miles to Marina San Carlos. Marina San Carlos is where I will keep Si Bon during the 2011 hurricane season. I originally had planned to put Si Bon in dry storage. The mariners term for dry storage is....and I'm not making this up...it is called putting your boat on the hard. So if I was to put Si Bon in dry storage, I would say to my fellow mariners that "she's going on the hard". Now I know that there are some of you that are thinking that that is some sort of sexual reference...but it means that the boat is on hard ground. Anyway Si Bon is not going on the hard, she is going to stay in the water where she belongs. That decision not to put her on the hard was mostly due to the fact that I really don't plan on being gone very long...maybe as little as 1.5 months. It takes a lot of preparation and work to put a boat on the hard and it just didn't seem worth it for such a short time. Hurricanes rarely make it this far up the Sea of Cortez and Marina San Carlos is a very well protected hurricane hole where the boat is on the hard.....or not.
This is a pic of the locals enjoying the beautiful waters of Bahia Algodones.
Comments
Vessel Name: Si Bon
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 411
Hailing Port: San Diego, California
Crew: Steve Cook
About:
This is the plan.....In late 2009 after going on a wonderful charter to Turkey and Greece and seeing and living the cruiser lifestyle I decided to move into the next phase of my life. [...]
Extra: I am currently in Banderas Bay (Puerto Vallarta area), where I will be spending the 2012 hurricane season at the beautiful Paradise Village Marina.

Who: Steve Cook
Port: San Diego, California