S/V Si Bon

Who: Steve Cook
Port: San Diego, California
21 May 2013 | San Diego
05 May 2013 | San Diego
19 April 2013 | Sun Harbor Marina, San Diego, Ca. USA
17 April 2013 | Ensenada to San Diego
08 April 2013 | San Diego (by land)
06 April 2013 | San Diego (by land)
03 April 2013 | Marina Coral, Ensenada, Baja California
29 March 2013 | Ensenada
25 March 2013 | Bahia Tortuga, Baja California
21 March 2013 | Punta Abreojos
12 March 2013 | San Jose Cabo
10 March 2013 | San Jose Cabo
06 March 2013 | Nuevo Vallarta
28 February 2013 | Paradise Village, Nuevo Vallarta mexico
26 January 2013 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
04 January 2013 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
23 December 2012 | Barra de Navidad
19 December 2012 | success and failure
17 December 2012 | Ixtapa to Manzanillo

Blog followers

17 February 2011 | life
Steve
It was just pointed out to me that I'm slacking on blog posts, this is a good thing as it means that people (other than myself) are actually reading my blog. A few weeks ago I went to my very good fiend Paul's 70 birthday party and was approached by several people who were excited to tell me how much they were enjoying my blog. Two of these people were a couple, (not giving name for privacy), who would love to be doing what I'm getting ready to do....but she has diabetes, and has most of her life, she is currently struggling to stay healthy....and alive, she told me that he reads her my blog at night before they go to bed. When people hear what I'm getting ready to do they seem to think that I'm embarking on some sort of difficult journey, but the truth is that removing a few dock lines (still in marina) and floating away on a sailboat isn't really all that difficult. There are many things in life that make my journey seem like a walk in the park, there are many people throughout the world who have to struggle everyday to fight off illness, hunger or many other situations that are truly difficult. If brings me great joy to be able to share some of my planning, struggles and adventures with someone who may be fighting a truly difficult situation in their life.
I have been super busy this past week getting things that I won't need off of Si Bon and into storage to make room for my crew, whom start arriving in San Diego tomorrow, and getting things that I do need out of storage and onto Si Bon. I am now in the final countdown and feel very good about how it's all coming together.
And no this pic is not of a blog follower...just some odd duck I took a picture of a few weeks ago.
Comments
Vessel Name: Si Bon
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 411
Hailing Port: San Diego, California
Crew: Steve Cook
About:
This is the plan.....In late 2009 after going on a wonderful charter to Turkey and Greece and seeing and living the cruiser lifestyle I decided to move into the next phase of my life. [...]
Extra: I am currently in Banderas Bay (Puerto Vallarta area), where I will be spending the 2012 hurricane season at the beautiful Paradise Village Marina.

Who: Steve Cook
Port: San Diego, California