S/V Si Bon

Who: Steve Cook
Port: San Diego, California
21 May 2013 | San Diego
05 May 2013 | San Diego
19 April 2013 | Sun Harbor Marina, San Diego, Ca. USA
17 April 2013 | Ensenada to San Diego
08 April 2013 | San Diego (by land)
06 April 2013 | San Diego (by land)
03 April 2013 | Marina Coral, Ensenada, Baja California
29 March 2013 | Ensenada
25 March 2013 | Bahia Tortuga, Baja California
21 March 2013 | Punta Abreojos
12 March 2013 | San Jose Cabo
10 March 2013 | San Jose Cabo
06 March 2013 | Nuevo Vallarta
28 February 2013 | Paradise Village, Nuevo Vallarta mexico
26 January 2013 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
04 January 2013 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
23 December 2012 | Barra de Navidad
19 December 2012 | success and failure
17 December 2012 | Ixtapa to Manzanillo

Beantown

01 September 2011 | Boston, Ma.
Steve
Since we were already in Boston to see the Sox vs Yankees, we decided to spend another day and try to see as much of Boston as possible. Originally we were going to take one of those hop on hop off tours, however due to our bad experience with the Duck tour in Portland and the fact that neither one of us mind walking, we both decided to walk the Freedom Trail. The Freedom Trail takes you around many of Boston's historic sites. So, we hopped on the "T" and rode it in to the Harbor area where we set off walking the Freedom Trail. We walked to Fanuel Hall, an area full of shops, restaurants and Historic buildings. We came across a street performer that was just starting his show, he was kinda a goofy dude dressed in a kilt and playing the bagpipes. I'm not sure what it is about me that seems to attract attention...but for some reason goofy picked me out of the crowd to hold his unicycle while he climbed on it. Sounds easy enough..but he made a big part of his show by shimming up the unicycle sorta half on half off, pretending to slip and fall and stepping on our shoulders and heads while he slowly made his way to the unicycle's seat (pic).
After lunch we continued our trek along the Freedom Trail, we walked past the Cheers bar, we walked in and out of several Historic Buildings and thru Boston Commons, which is a beautiful inter city park. For some reason Sharon was on a mission to get to the Prudential Building so we exited the Freedom Trail and headed across town towards the Prudential Building. It was about now that the Hop on Hop off tour was looking like it might have been a good idea, but we had made it this far so we trudged on finally making it to The Prudential Building and riding the elevator to the top for a beautiful view of Boston. We had both had enough of walking by now, so we hopped on the "T" back to the Harbor area where we finished the day with a sunset tour of Boston Harbor.
I'll be spending the next couple of days here in Brattleboro Vt. before flying back to San Diego on Wednesday.
Comments
Vessel Name: Si Bon
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 411
Hailing Port: San Diego, California
Crew: Steve Cook
About:
This is the plan.....In late 2009 after going on a wonderful charter to Turkey and Greece and seeing and living the cruiser lifestyle I decided to move into the next phase of my life. [...]
Extra: I am currently in Banderas Bay (Puerto Vallarta area), where I will be spending the 2012 hurricane season at the beautiful Paradise Village Marina.

Who: Steve Cook
Port: San Diego, California