The Voyages of s/v Silverheels III

...a virtual ship's logbook, and some thoughtful (unabashed?) reflections on our sea-going experiences.

04 November 2017 | Somewhere in the Eastern Caribbean
18 October 2017 | Le Marin, Martinique in the French West Indies
25 January 2017 | Gosier, Guadeloupe
19 January 2017 | Le Gosier, Guadeloupe
19 January 2017 | Le Gosier, Guadeloupe
19 January 2017 | St Pierre, Martinique
06 January 2017
01 January 2017 | Fort Du France, Martinique
28 December 2016 | Grand Anse d'Arlet, Martinique
24 December 2016
14 November 2016 | St Anne, Martinique
06 October 2016 | St Anne, Martinique
04 October 2016
20 July 2016 | Rodney Bay, St Lucia
15 June 2016
15 June 2016
13 June 2016 | Grand Anse d'Arlets
13 June 2016 | Grand Anse d'Arlets
09 May 2016 | Deshaies, Guadeloupe

The Seinfeld Blog Entry... it's about "nothing"

25 January 2012 | Mt Hartman Bay, Grenada
Lynn
We've settled back into some form of routine now that we are back on the boat. Ken's cold, the worst he remembers having in a long time, finally blew its self out. His honker is safe from tissue abuse for the foreseeable future. I've always figured that summer colds are the worst, and that is pretty much all we get!

We've taken to getting jobs done on the boat. It's too hot for Ken to get deep into jobs in the summer, and I'm not a big fan of melting in the heat, either. The consensus with us is get stuff done and find the right spot for all that we picked up in Canada, then we can get on with other things. If we don't get too far this year, so be it. At least we will keep the engine hours down that way!

Ken's back was acting up a bit today, so we backed out of the "rum tasting tour" of Grenada today that I threw together. There are three distilleries in Grenada, so I got some friends together and figured that a trip that encompassed a visit to all of the distilleries in one day could be a lot fun. It also has the added bonus of letting everyone know what Grenadian rums they really like before committing to a whole bottle at the store (okay, that's the story, anyway, and I'm sticking to it). They've been gone for 10 hours so far, so I can only assume that they are having a great time, and probably stopped for burger night at one of the marinas. No problem, I can organize another one of those tours for us to participate in.

In the meantime, Ken and I finished installing the last speaker from the new stereo. The idea of playing music straight from a USB stick is pretty cool for us, and it is easy enough to change the music when so desired, without having to hook up the computer to the stereo to do it. Ken also fixed an SSB radio that was given to us, and we got a few other jobs done that Ken could do in a comfortable position and I could play "gopher". Okay, so we didn't drink rum, but we got something accomplished at least.

I finally have a complete SCUBA set. My regulator came in and was paid for, and I bought a second-hand aluminum dive tank. With my used BCD and the fins and mask I already own, I am ready to find the stuff we have inadvertently lost overboard. I will also check out our mooring underwater, as well as 'Persephone' and 'Astral Wind's' moorings. Heck, since I have the gear on, I might as well, and partial tanks aren't worth holding on to.

It is certainly a different crowd around here in the winter. There is a lot less chatter on the VHF radio, but there is less of a sense of community as it is a more transient crowd. And we just sit in the middle of it all and watch the world go `round in the meantime. S'alright by us!

Comments
Vessel Name: Silverheels III
Vessel Make/Model: Hinterhoeller, Niagara 35 Mk1 (1979)
Hailing Port: Toronto
Crew: Lynn Kaak and Ken Goodings
About: After five summers and winters living on our boat in Toronto Harbour, we've exchanged those cold Canadian winters for Caribbean sunshine. "Nowadays, we have ice in our drinks, not under the boat."
Extra:
Silverheels III's Photos - Silverheels III (Main)
Photos 1 to 14 of 14
1
Looking for the next bouy enroute
Our whole life in 35 feet
Our peaceful lagoon in summer
Toronto skyline from Algonquin Island
QCYC Marine Railway: Lynn "workin
Lynn carefully heat-shrinks our winter cover with a propane torch
Jes loafin
Ken on deck
Island Christmas Party December 2007
Silverheels III at anchor, Humber Bay West
Niagara 35 Mk1
 
1
General pics of hikes in Grenada
6 Photos
Created 18 August 2013
Some pictures of our time in Grenada
9 Photos
Created 15 September 2010