The Voyages of s/v Silverheels III

...a virtual ship's logbook, and some thoughtful (unabashed?) reflections on our sea-going experiences.

04 November 2017 | Somewhere in the Eastern Caribbean
18 October 2017 | Le Marin, Martinique in the French West Indies
25 January 2017 | Gosier, Guadeloupe
19 January 2017 | Le Gosier, Guadeloupe
19 January 2017 | Le Gosier, Guadeloupe
19 January 2017 | St Pierre, Martinique
06 January 2017
01 January 2017 | Fort Du France, Martinique
28 December 2016 | Grand Anse d'Arlet, Martinique
24 December 2016
14 November 2016 | St Anne, Martinique
06 October 2016 | St Anne, Martinique
04 October 2016
20 July 2016 | Rodney Bay, St Lucia
15 June 2016
15 June 2016
13 June 2016 | Grand Anse d'Arlets
13 June 2016 | Grand Anse d'Arlets
09 May 2016 | Deshaies, Guadeloupe

Back in the Saddle Again!

07 August 2015 | Port Louis Marina, St. George, Grenada
Lynn
Well, in a manner of speaking, anyway. We have been back in the water for 4 days now, and the fridge is now working, too. Except for waiting for a part for connecting a hose to an through hull valve, things are good!

So, the antifouling has 4 more coats added to it (2 black, then 2 red on top of that), the boot stripe is spruced up again, and the three-bladed prop is in place. When we first motored after leaving the well at the yard, we were hitting over 5 knots at only about 1600 rpm. Wheeee!

We are now on the dock at Port Louis Marina for a week. This makes participating in Carnival this weekend much easier. Ken has been busy and already emptied the diesel tank and got his arm in there to clean whatever crud has accumulated in the last year since it was last done.

Other (hopeful) jobs while on the dock, besides enjoying some of the party, is to change the engine filters, sand and coat the external teak with a new-to-us product, give the decks a good cleaning after getting filthy on the hard, and maybe do a little with the stainless. Ken also needs to install a fan in the fridge as the new evaporator plate is larger than the old one, so the bottom of the fridge freezes while the top isn't quite as cold. And of course install the elbow tail piece when we finally get it.

So, we are enjoying the luxury of being on the dock here. I chuckle to think that we are on the "megayacht dock", but that is the spill over parking during this busy time, which is fine by us. We don't need electricity because of the solar panels, and we are hoping that the sound of generators from some of our neighbours doesn't intrude too heavily (some of us are quite close together).



Comments
Vessel Name: Silverheels III
Vessel Make/Model: Hinterhoeller, Niagara 35 Mk1 (1979)
Hailing Port: Toronto
Crew: Lynn Kaak and Ken Goodings
About: After five summers and winters living on our boat in Toronto Harbour, we've exchanged those cold Canadian winters for Caribbean sunshine. "Nowadays, we have ice in our drinks, not under the boat."
Extra:
Silverheels III's Photos - Silverheels III (Main)
Photos 1 to 14 of 14
1
Looking for the next bouy enroute
Our whole life in 35 feet
Our peaceful lagoon in summer
Toronto skyline from Algonquin Island
QCYC Marine Railway: Lynn "workin
Lynn carefully heat-shrinks our winter cover with a propane torch
Jes loafin
Ken on deck
Island Christmas Party December 2007
Silverheels III at anchor, Humber Bay West
Niagara 35 Mk1
 
1
General pics of hikes in Grenada
6 Photos
Created 18 August 2013
Some pictures of our time in Grenada
9 Photos
Created 15 September 2010