Simon says Sail

26 November 2013 | Boulder, CO
26 November 2013 | Boulder, CO
25 November 2012 | Gibraltar
09 October 2012 | Calvi, Corsica
06 October 2012 | St. Tropez
04 October 2012 | Near Cassis, France
04 October 2012 | Near Cassis, France
14 September 2012 | Amsterdam
02 September 2012 | Boulder, CO

Meeting BOB

14 September 2012 | Amsterdam
Elaine/partly cloudy
We got to DIA one week ago with 4 bags to check, each weighing 49.99 pounds, plus 1 carrying each. How did we do it? Elizabeth the Excellent volunteered to mee us at our condo at 6:30 that morning and drive us to the airport. We couldn't have done it without her. Thanks, Elizabeth!

Many of you know that Ihad been ambivalent about leaving. I got a real test after we boarded our connecting flight in Atlanta. Adam called with some very exciting news from his campaign. It made me want to be THERE. Then the plane pulled away and taxied but soon returned to the gat with mechanical issues. There we sat for more than an hour during which time I must have asked myself 100 times whether to get off the plane.

I did not and am glad of it. We eventually arrived La Grande Motte Saturday late in the afternoon and went directly to the marina where we met S/V BOB for the first time. (S)he's a very different boat from Elainium: lots of windows, a bright interior, TWO stall showers, a broad foredeck, and no big bulkheads to step over.

John Gladstone of North Sails and his wife Patty arrived Sunday evening. Peter and John and others worked all day Monday putting on the mainsail and jib. Tuesday we went sailing and tested all the sails. The min and jib are perfect; the reacher and spinnacre will be getting a few small adjustments. Despite our newness we managed to achieve a boat speed over 12 knots, all while sibling on the level. It was the most amazing thing.

We flew to Amsterdam Wednesday evening, visited the Van Gogh Museum Thursday,the Anne Frank Friday. Tonight, Friday night, we fly to Nairobi.
Vessel Name: BOB
Vessel Make/Model: Outremer 49
Hailing Port: Boulder, Colorado
Crew: Peter & Elaine Simon

Who: Peter & Elaine Simon
Port: Boulder, Colorado