Simon says Sail

26 November 2013 | Boulder, CO
26 November 2013 | Boulder, CO
25 November 2012 | Gibraltar
09 October 2012 | Calvi, Corsica
06 October 2012 | St. Tropez
04 October 2012 | Near Cassis, France
04 October 2012 | Near Cassis, France
14 September 2012 | Amsterdam
02 September 2012 | Boulder, CO

Sailing BOB

06 October 2012 | St. Tropez
Elaine/pleasant
It is 2:10 p.m. here and we are in the middle of a sailboat race just off St. Tropez.  We arrived here shortly after 11:30--just before the beginning of the races.  The first race involved 9 Wally Boats.  These are very expensive , custom race boats in the 60-80 foot range.  The second race involved classic yachts in the xxxxx range.  It got quite exciting when our genteel French captain got too near to one of the racers, they starteyelling at us then Olivier began yelling sail trim advice to them.  Finally they listened to him and picked up speed.  Then they apologized.  

Last night we picked up a mooring ball (on the first try) off the town of xxxxxx.  We poured ourselves into the dinghy and went to a restaurant on the beach for dinner.  

This sailing experience is SO different from our previous journeys.  What a difference it makes to not always be heeled over.  And we can travel at wind speed!  In fact during the sail in which we tested our new sails we saw 18, yes 18, knots.  The galley is bathed in sunlight from the large windows that surround the main living area and it is at the center of all the action.

Oh, and also everyone here speaks French.  Toute le monde parlent francais ici.  
Comments
Vessel Name: BOB
Vessel Make/Model: Outremer 49
Hailing Port: Boulder, Colorado
Crew: Peter & Elaine Simon

Who: Peter & Elaine Simon
Port: Boulder, Colorado