Simon says Sail

26 November 2013 | Boulder, CO
26 November 2013 | Boulder, CO
25 November 2012 | Gibraltar
09 October 2012 | Calvi, Corsica
06 October 2012 | St. Tropez
04 October 2012 | Near Cassis, France
04 October 2012 | Near Cassis, France
14 September 2012 | Amsterdam
02 September 2012 | Boulder, CO

St. Tropez to Corsica

09 October 2012 | Calvi, Corsica
Elaine/perfect
Wow what a day!  After the races Saturday, Peter and Olivier took the dinghy into St.Tropez to buy a hose for our watermaker, needed to replace a hose that had a big leak. They also picked up Olivier's girlfriend Patricia who had crewed on one of the race boats.  I prepared a meal of sautéed chicken breast, haricots vert pommes de terr and salad. And wine. Afterward, Olivier and Patricia went into town for some of the post race activities; Peter and I went to bed.  

Sunday morning Patricia and I took the dinghy to town to pick up some food.  Of course we began the shopping trip with avisit to a cafe for some cappuccino and conversation with a few of her colleagues.  Then we took a brief tour of the center of town.  All the expected boutiques were there: Mossimo, Hermes, Ralph Lauren, but what was intrresting to me was that the stores, as well as the very stylish people we saw, had clothing that works--not just showy, dressy stuff.  The clothes the people were wearing we're, for the most part, durable, sporty things.  Stuff you actually WOULD wear while sailing.  

And then, the main attraction: the food. We bought breads at the boulangerie.   At a tiny specialty shop we got smoked salmon, which was sold by the perrfectly translucent slice and crackers for cheese that contain dates,hazelnuts and pumpkin seeds.  At the open market I got foodie-photo-magazine-quality fresh lettuces, onions, apples and melon. And the last stop was at a small deli where I bought wine, my first ever truffle (22 euro) and local specialty which is a meatball sanwiched between a halved tomato or halved zucchini.  The shop owner was pleased to tell me that he'd been skiing in Colorado, visited Las Vegas and motorcycled through Santa Monica.  

By the time we got back, the guys had fixed rhe water maker problem so we quickly stowed the stuff, said our goodbyes and sailed off for Corsica.  Olivier and I noticed while raising the mainsail that the windex was on at a wrong angle, but we figured the wind angle out anyway (chuckle, chuckle)   

We got to Corsica in record time.  We had 25 to 35knots of wind all day long.  We saw 18+ knots boat speed many times and ran at 10+ all day.  Dropped the anchor off Calvi around 11 p.m.

(That was Sunday, it is now very early Wednesday morning so I will post again very soon.)
Comments
Vessel Name: BOB
Vessel Make/Model: Outremer 49
Hailing Port: Boulder, Colorado
Crew: Peter & Elaine Simon

Who: Peter & Elaine Simon
Port: Boulder, Colorado