Travels on the Inside Passage

A log of cruising adventures in coastal areas of British Columbia, Canada and in Southeast Alaska.

07 September 2014 | Ganges, B.C.
05 September 2014 | Quadra Island, B.C
25 August 2014 | Posted at Kwatsi Bay
19 August 2014 | Posted at Kwatsi Bay
15 August 2014 | Posted at Kwatsi Bay
15 August 2014 | Posted at Kwatsi Bay
14 August 2014 | Posted in Port McNeill
14 August 2014 | Posted in Port McNeill
14 August 2014 | Posted in Port McNeill
28 July 2014 | Posted in Port McNeill
26 July 2014 | Posted in Port McNeill
25 July 2014 | Posted in Port McNeill
22 July 2014 | Jennis Bay, Drury Inlet

Kwatsi Bay

28 July 2014 | Posted in Port McNeill
Some fog, some sun.
It was a short run over to Kwatsi Bay Marina from Wahkana Bay. “Rubinesque” is there and we get an update on their situation. The diver was able to come up last evening and freed the anchor. They hauled it and the chain up to the boat's stern platform and piled it up there. Total cost: $400 Canadian, half a gallon of tequila, and some chocolate chip cookies! “Rubinesque” transported the ground tackle to the dock at Kwatsi Bay and sorted the mess out there. They put the chain back into the locked and nested the anchor back on the bow pulpit. They will head out for their next adventure this afternoon.

Max and Anca, who own and run the marina, both welcomed us back. We have stayed with them many times before. Kwatsi Bay is much like Jennis Bay, remote and quiet. There is only the dock, no roads, no store, no electricity. They do hold pot-luck events and this evening it will be a happy hour. Each boat brings an appetizer. Max will bake some bread and Anca will bring some watermelon. The spread of food is always tempting and tasty. Sometimes this is all we need for dinner. Tonight is no exception.

On Thursday we move on to Echo Bay Resort. More food, more fun. They are serving a prime rib dinner tonight and we have made a reservation. We will stay through the weekend and go to the pig roast on Saturday. They are also having a showing by two artists, one a carver and the other a watercolorist.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sirena
Vessel Make/Model: Grand Banks 36 Europa
Hailing Port: Bellingham WA
Crew: Rob and Sharon
About: We are retired and cruise the waters of the Pacific Northwest.
Extra: "Sirena" is a 1989 Grand Banks trawler. She has a single engine and all the amenities to make life on board comfortable.

M/Y SIRENA

Who: Rob and Sharon
Port: Bellingham WA