Travels on the Inside Passage

A log of cruising adventures in coastal areas of British Columbia, Canada and in Southeast Alaska.

07 September 2014 | Ganges, B.C.
05 September 2014 | Quadra Island, B.C
25 August 2014 | Posted at Kwatsi Bay
19 August 2014 | Posted at Kwatsi Bay
15 August 2014 | Posted at Kwatsi Bay
15 August 2014 | Posted at Kwatsi Bay
14 August 2014 | Posted in Port McNeill
14 August 2014 | Posted in Port McNeill
14 August 2014 | Posted in Port McNeill
28 July 2014 | Posted in Port McNeill
26 July 2014 | Posted in Port McNeill
25 July 2014 | Posted in Port McNeill
22 July 2014 | Jennis Bay, Drury Inlet

Closer to Home

07 September 2014 | Ganges, B.C.
Weather never better.
Thursday, 04 September 2014

The weather has been so pleasant that we stayed two nights in this, our favorite anchorage in Desolation Sound. We had a visit from Byron and Sue (Eagle's Gig) yesterday. They are anchored in another cove here in Von Donop Inlet and were out riding around in their dinghy. We are both heading to Drew Harbour tomorrow and we plan to meet up for dinner at the Heriot Bay Inn.

Friday, 05 September 2014

We had a good dinner with Sue and Byron and treated them to a preview presentation of the photos and video of our dolphin/whale experience in Viner Sound. Today we depart to travel down the Georgia Strait to Comox, and then on to Nanaimo, B.C. The weather continues to be excellent for travel in the strait and we will take advantage of it.

Sunday, 07 September 2014

We have gained a lot of ground towards home in the last seven days and are now in Ganges, B.C. We are going to rest here for a day or two, then cross over into U.S. waters by Wednesday. Our club is holding the last outing of the year next weekend at Sucia Island State Marine Park. We plan to be there and help out with the annual work party. We maintain trails and camp sites, paint, fix and do other things that the ranger needs to have done. It is always a fun and productive weekend for the club.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sirena
Vessel Make/Model: Grand Banks 36 Europa
Hailing Port: Bellingham WA
Crew: Rob and Sharon
About: We are retired and cruise the waters of the Pacific Northwest.
Extra: "Sirena" is a 1989 Grand Banks trawler. She has a single engine and all the amenities to make life on board comfortable.

M/Y SIRENA

Who: Rob and Sharon
Port: Bellingham WA