Sirena

"Sail fast and live slow"

09 December 2013
02 December 2013
17 May 2013 | La Paz
13 May 2013 | Mazatlan
10 December 2012
03 December 2012
03 December 2012 | twenty miles from Loreto
03 December 2012 | Santa Rosalia to Santo Domingo
13 November 2012 | Puerto Escondido
13 November 2012 | Santa Rosalia
01 May 2012 | Mazatlan, Mx
29 April 2012
07 April 2012 | Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos
11 March 2012

Preparing Sirena for Mexico cruise

17 October 2010 | Newport Beach, CA
Ed Quesada
Well, Connie and I have been working hard to get everything ready for our trip to Mexico in January of next year. Even though Sirena has been to Mexico at least 5 times before there are many systems that need to be upgraded and new systems added.
We have hauledout to have new bottom paint. We have ordered new cockpit cushions, new bimini, and sail cover with lazyjacks. Also we ordered new updates from Navtec for our chartplotter and installed a new Standard Horizon radio with AIS.(Identifies all ships and commercial boats out there)
We have upgraded the heads(toilets), the second most used system on the boat, and have upgraded the sump system to remove the gray water from the shower.
Yes, even though we have choosen to go without a watermaker, we still carry two hundred gallons of water and plan to take lots of showers. Just think years ago we sailed to Hawaii with 40 gallons of water and never ran out.
We have added an additional solar panel, that we will mount on the bimini and will have about 290 watts of max solar power, enough to keep up with the refrigeration and lights.
We have a full boat cover to protect us from the sun and have added 4 more fans to keep things civilized down below.
We plan to have the liferaft serviced and also have the EPIRB batteries replaced.
Wow and I thought Sirena was ready to go!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Sirena
Vessel Make/Model: Cardinal 46
Hailing Port: Newport Beach, CA
Crew: Ed and Connie Quesada
About: Ed and Connie have been sailing together for over 44 years and have sailed on Sirena for over 22 years. Sirena has been to Mexico many times before. We plan an extended vacation to Mexico for four or more months. Stay tune as we take our time through the warm weather down south.
Extra: Slow cruising through Mexican waters
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/directory_sirena1

Ed and Connie

Who: Ed and Connie Quesada
Port: Newport Beach, CA