Sirena

"Sail fast and live slow"

09 December 2013
02 December 2013
17 May 2013 | La Paz
13 May 2013 | Mazatlan
10 December 2012
03 December 2012
03 December 2012 | twenty miles from Loreto
03 December 2012 | Santa Rosalia to Santo Domingo
13 November 2012 | Puerto Escondido
13 November 2012 | Santa Rosalia
01 May 2012 | Mazatlan, Mx
29 April 2012
07 April 2012 | Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos
11 March 2012

Second day in Acapulco

30 January 2012 | Acapulco
Connie, warm and humid
Second day in Acapulco
Our taxi driver, Leo, had another day of sightseeing planned for us. First we went to see the Cathedral of Acapulco and it was beautiful. In front of the Cathedral was a large plaza, called the Zocalo, and it had huge shade trees, gazebos, fountains, restaurants, and many vendors selling their wares. We strolled along the shops enjoying the atmosphere and I bought a dress, Larry bought a shirt, Karen bought a blouse and some kids books in Spanish for her grandkids. Then we went to the museum at the San Diego Fort. It was very well done and we learned a lot about the history of the area, including the fact that Acapulco used to be a busy shipping port in the early years. Ships were built here in Acapulco in the 1500's for the trade route with China and the Phillipines. It took around 100 days to sail from Acapulco to China and around 180 days for the return trip, which ended up in northern California and then came down the coast to Acapulco. After the museum Leo took us to a nice palapa restaurant on the main beach that had good seafood. After lunch he took us to the newer area south of town, down the coast a few miles, to a nice beach, where we rode horses on the beach. What a wonderful and busy 2 days we had here in Acapulco, and not a hint of violence or problems!
Comments
Vessel Name: Sirena
Vessel Make/Model: Cardinal 46
Hailing Port: Newport Beach, CA
Crew: Ed and Connie Quesada
About: Ed and Connie have been sailing together for over 44 years and have sailed on Sirena for over 22 years. Sirena has been to Mexico many times before. We plan an extended vacation to Mexico for four or more months. Stay tune as we take our time through the warm weather down south.
Extra: Slow cruising through Mexican waters
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/directory_sirena1

Ed and Connie

Who: Ed and Connie Quesada
Port: Newport Beach, CA