Sirena

"Sail fast and live slow"

09 December 2013
02 December 2013
17 May 2013 | La Paz
13 May 2013 | Mazatlan
10 December 2012
03 December 2012
03 December 2012 | twenty miles from Loreto
03 December 2012 | Santa Rosalia to Santo Domingo
13 November 2012 | Puerto Escondido
13 November 2012 | Santa Rosalia
01 May 2012 | Mazatlan, Mx
29 April 2012
07 April 2012 | Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos
11 March 2012

A visit from our daughter and son in law

01 May 2012 | Mazatlan, Mx
Connie, in the 70's
A visit from our daughter and son in law.
After leaving Ecuador we flew home to visit family and celebrate my parents' birthdays. We (Ed and I, my brother and sister in law, and my nephew and his wife) took them out to the dinner theater and had a wonderful evening together. The dinner was great and we saw a funny musical play.
Then we flew back to our boat in Mazatlan. Our daughter and son in law, Monica and Shawn, came to Mazatlan to visit us for 5 days. We had a great time showing them around and they enjoyed seeing Mazatlan. We celebrated Monica's birthday by taking her and Shawn to a nice restaurant called Casa Loma. We took them to the old town and Machado square and the Cathedral. Then we watched the sunset from the top of the Freeman Hotel, which has an outside pool and patio on top of the 10th floor. It also has a fantastic 360 degree view over all of Mazatlan. Then we ended the evening with dinner at Topolos near the Machado square. It's a beautiful Mexican style restaurant with tables set up in the courtyard and garden. With fountains, statues, and lighting in the trees, it's a beautiful setting for dinner. We decided to have the flaming strawberries for dessert. The waiter prepared them at our table and it was fun to watch as he poured the alcohol in the strawberries and lit the flame and cooked them. On the other side of the table another waiter was preparing Spanish coffee for Shawn. This also involved flaming the alcohol to heat the glass and then pouring the flaming alcohol in the coffee. So, we had 2 flaming shows to watch at the same time. It was exciting and Shawn loved his Spanish coffee! We kept busy everyday with Monica and Shawn and after they left we enjoyed a day of rest. We took them swimming in a great pool (with waterfalls and caves) at the resort next to the marina. We also went to the beach where they had fun riding an ATV up and down the beach. Monica and Shawn met some of our friends and I think they got a feel for what our cruising life is like here in Mexico. We all had a wonderful time together and are looking forward to when they can come and visit us again in Mexico.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sirena
Vessel Make/Model: Cardinal 46
Hailing Port: Newport Beach, CA
Crew: Ed and Connie Quesada
About: Ed and Connie have been sailing together for over 44 years and have sailed on Sirena for over 22 years. Sirena has been to Mexico many times before. We plan an extended vacation to Mexico for four or more months. Stay tune as we take our time through the warm weather down south.
Extra: Slow cruising through Mexican waters
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/directory_sirena1

Ed and Connie

Who: Ed and Connie Quesada
Port: Newport Beach, CA