Skalliwag adventures

Labor day weekend trip to Cambridge

31 August 2013 | Solomons Md.
Jorge and Marcella
We arrived at the boat on Friday to make preparations for our Labor Day trip to Cambridge. The weather was promising: 10-15 kts from the South gusting to 20 Kts. It would be a 40 NM trip. Had dinner at The Stripped Rockfish in Solomons.
Left the dock at 0800. Winds were from the south around 10 kts so under full sail we were doing only 3-4 kts to start with. as the day progressed the wind strengthened and our SOG improved. Turning into the Choptank River put the wind on the beam and we were really flying. We reefed just prior to the turn-good thing!
As we went on the wind headed us until we had 20-25 kts closed haul and we had to put the headsail away and start the iron genny.
We got to Cambridge around 1500. It took Wifey about 4 tries to get the spring line over to the Dock hand!
Safely docked we broke out some cold ones. After a pair we were feeling no pain!
We rode our beikes into town to a new place called A few of my favorite things. We had Kiwi wine and a platter of cheese and chocolate. it was delish!!!
After 2 glasses we settled. $100. tab. Ouch!!!
We went to a new Oven Pizza Restaurant called Stoked. It was also delicious!! Since we had just devoured some cheese and chocolate we went for the smaill Pizza. It was so good, it left us drueling for more!
Went back to the boat and broke out another bottle of wine. Good time in the cockpit laughing with Wifey!
Comments
Vessel Name: Skalliwag
Vessel Make/Model: Crealock 37 Yawl
Hailing Port: Solomons, Md.
Crew: Marcella and Jorge Bermudez
About: We have been sailing together since we met. One of our first dates was on a rented daysailer in Annapolis. We have owned a Hunter 27, Hunter 36 and we just purchased our retirement cruising boat, a Crealock 37.
Extra: Our Hunter 36 sold one month after purchasing Skalliwag!
Skalliwag's Photos - Main
7 Photos
Created 24 June 2015