Skalliwag adventures

2015 Summer Cruise

25 June 2015
We left Cape Charles Tuesday June 23rd. A day earlier than originally planned thinking we would be heading to Cape May. But we called off Cape May off that AM due to the forecast: cold front dropping down and north winds behind it. Leaving Cape Charles we decided to go to Salt Ponds and check it out since Marcella has never been there. Java warned us that it's too shallow but we blew him off. Big mistake! Going into Salt Ponds the dredging barges were sitting in the middle of the fairway and depths were just above 6 ft. We managed to get to the Marina. The dock boy was waiting for us at our slip. We wanted a stbd tie slip so he had to arrange a different slip. we handed him a spring line but he didn't know what a spring line is. We managed to dock the boat with me yelling at the poor dock boy. At least we gave him a $20 tip. After plugging in and cooling off we headed to the Bar/restaurant. Not the way I remember it! Kind of a red neck place. Food was good while keeping the flies away though.
Comments
Vessel Name: Skalliwag
Vessel Make/Model: Crealock 37 Yawl
Hailing Port: Solomons, Md.
Crew: Marcella and Jorge Bermudez
About: We have been sailing together since we met. One of our first dates was on a rented daysailer in Annapolis. We have owned a Hunter 27, Hunter 36 and we just purchased our retirement cruising boat, a Crealock 37.
Extra: Our Hunter 36 sold one month after purchasing Skalliwag!
Skalliwag's Photos - Main
7 Photos
Created 24 June 2015