exploring the dream

04 December 2013 | Barra De la Navidad
19 November 2013 | Zihuatanejo, Mexico
18 November 2013 | Zihuatanejo, Mexico
05 November 2013 | Zihuatanejo, Mexico
03 November 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
01 November 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
30 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
30 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
28 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
27 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
26 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
24 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
22 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
19 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
17 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
15 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
14 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
12 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
10 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
09 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea

The Adventure Continues

10 October 2013 | The Deep Blue Sea
Gene and Gloria
Guess it wouldn't be an adventure if nothing ever happens and there wasn't any danger and risk. Ok, this report is early cause it was a busy 24 hours. It started yesterday afternoon when I got suspicious of the trolling generator working. So I rewired it to a plug I know goes to the main battery bank and Voila! This morning we were only 9 amp hours down instead of the 50ah yesterday morning. So it will be a port project to trace the original plug installed by a previous owner and see where it does go. It was a beautiful starry night with a few clouds, but no Southern Cross. Guess we have said goodby to that landmark of the southern pacific ocean, a mainstay for the last 3 years. We hove to this morning and I was able to replace the blown block on the first reef. With only 15-17 knots today, we were struggling with the second reef to go and point. So we are now sailing with the main in first reef, jib, and staysail. No squalls last night or today! When we were in Anaho Bay, Nuka Hiva, the farmer gave us a Corasol fruit along with our purchases. Google that one for a description; it is also called a Thorn Apple. We had used the soft part of it in a banana, citron, orange, yogurt daiquiri before leaving. So today for lunch I made Mi Goreng ramen type soup with the rest, plus some green curry sauce, which turned out to be quite good. Even leaving it is never to late to learn something new. Hooray, Gloria is feeling better (a little) and is reading her kindle. I tried resetting mine but it seems to be a damaged screen; only a small corner of it responds. The kindle lesson: If you like it have at least one spare�..... I guess Murphys law was in effect: If it is going to break, it will be at the start of a long trip. If you have a kindle or e reader, do a search for Calibre software for managing your e books in the computer. The temperatures since we left Papeete have been mid 70's at night and mid 80's in the day with a nice breeze. The equator, tropic, region is more pleasant than you might think sitting in your loungers at home; it is chilly at night with the breeze. Before I forget, our boat position is updated daily on the Google Earth map link at Sailblogs.com. If you haven't tried that it is interesting. No other boats sighted yet. I think we are pretty alone out here; truly, the road less traveled.
Comments
Vessel Name: Pincoya
Vessel Make/Model: Island packet 44, 1995, Cutter Rig
Hailing Port: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Crew: Gene Dennis, Gloria Watson

Who: Gene Dennis, Gloria Watson
Port: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA