Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain

01 March 2014 | Treasure Cay
13 February 2014 | Marsh Harbor
07 February 2014 | Treasure Cay
06 February 2014 | Green Turtle Cay
06 February 2014 | Green Turtle Cay
06 February 2014 | Green Turtle Cay
06 February 2014 | Bahama banks
05 February 2014 | Lake Worth Inlet
05 February 2014 | Edge of Bahama banks
03 February 2014 | Phil Foster Park, Palm Beach, Fl
03 February 2014
30 January 2014
26 January 2014 | Vero Beach, Fl
24 January 2014 | Vero Beach, Fl
23 January 2014
21 January 2014 | Cocoa Village, FL
21 January 2014
19 January 2014
19 January 2014 | Fort Matanzas
17 January 2014 | ICW

Together again

08 April 2011 | Marsh Harbor
So after two long weeks we are all back together. Michelle and Joshs trip to Boston was uneventful but the return was an adverture. It started early at Logan where the airline didnt want to let them leave the US without a round trip ticket. there must be a problem with citizens fleeing the country. I guess it took almost two hours to explain and convince them that they got to the Bahamas by boat and were leaving that way too. They finaly got out. Just after I left the boat to get a taxi to meet them a squall with over fifty knot winds blew through the harbor. SoI got soaked watching the boats get blown around and hopinig our anchor didnt drag as there was no way I could get back out with those winds. Nobody dragged that I saw there were a few flipped dingys and a lot of calls on the vhf looking for stuff that had flown off boats. Anyway I got to the airport to wait for them. The airline did not know if they were delayed or even if they took off from Nasau. About fifteen minutes after they were supposed to land the airline tried calling Nasau and got no answer. Another guy that was waiting for his girlfriend on the same plane got a text from her that the plane was over Marsh Harbor but they turned around and went back to Nassau because of the weather. The airline still knew nothing at this time. After about an hour they got a call that the flight was cancelled because of the weather. So I had no way to get in touch with Michelle but the guy I was talking to called his girlfriend and had her find michelle so i could talk to her which was very nice of them. So they had to get a hotel for the night an get up at quarter of five the next mornig to get a taxi to the airport for a six forty five flight. Well they made it in wed morning and now we are all back together again. We will hang around the Abacos for a few more weeks and then wait for a weather window to get back across the gulf stream to Florida and start working our way back up the coast to Boston. I will post again soon.
Vessel Name: Bay Tripper
Vessel Make/Model: Tartan 33
Hailing Port: Boston Ma.
Crew: Michelle, Michael, Joshua and Bradleigh
About: We are a family sailing south from New England to the Bahamas with a 3.5 year old boy and a 1.5 year old girl.
Extra: Here we go again! If we hadn't done this trip before I would think we were crazy.
Gallery Error: Unknown Album [1:]:12512
Bay Tripper's Photos -

Who: Michelle, Michael, Joshua and Bradleigh
Port: Boston Ma.