Snowbirds

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain

01 March 2014 | Treasure Cay
13 February 2014 | Marsh Harbor
07 February 2014 | Treasure Cay
06 February 2014 | Green Turtle Cay
06 February 2014 | Green Turtle Cay
06 February 2014 | Green Turtle Cay
06 February 2014 | Bahama banks
05 February 2014 | Lake Worth Inlet
05 February 2014 | Edge of Bahama banks
03 February 2014 | Phil Foster Park, Palm Beach, Fl
03 February 2014
30 January 2014
26 January 2014 | Vero Beach, Fl
24 January 2014 | Vero Beach, Fl
23 January 2014
21 January 2014 | Cocoa Village, FL
21 January 2014
19 January 2014
19 January 2014 | Fort Matanzas
17 January 2014 | ICW

Stowaway

03 May 2011 | Offshore Georgia
Mike/ 70s wind E 10-15 seas 3-5ft
So we left Fernandina beach Florida at 10 am heading out offshore to Savannah GA. Fernandina was crazy it just happen to be the weekend of the Shrimp Festival. Im sure you can google it to find out all about it. Its really an excuse to sell a bunch of fried food, souviniers and crafts. So we went offshore for two reasons, one was to get out of the ICW and sail (we are a sailboat after all) and save some diesel fuel, the other was to get out of the ICW to aviod the many shallow areas of GA. So at about 6pm a little land bird(if anyone can ID what kind it is you get a prize) flew into the cabin while me michelle and josh were inside, it scared the hell out of us. He came back many times and landed on deck and in the cockpit and also got inside again. So the door stayed in for the rest of the night. I thought he was all done once it looked like he went into the water, but he came back again. He was obviosly exhausted and could not get back to land. He was so tired he sat right next to me for a while even landing on my leg once. He finally tucked himself in behind one of the cockpit coushions on top of some rope for the night. I tucked him in and put a tshirt over the whole he went in to keep it dark and so he wouldn't fly away in the middle of the night before we got near land. He stayed in there from about 730pm untill 630am the next morning when we were just off the Savannah river. I uncoverd him and tried to give him some water but he wouldn't take any, then flew off toward land. He's 100 miles from home but I'm pretty sure he'll be fine. Except for that the trip was uneventfull we got up to Savannah at 10am and tied up to the town dock. Now every thing I found about this dock said it was strictly first come first served no reservations. When we arrived I called the # on a sign to check in and was told that the dock would be closed from 5pm that night it was reserved for a 200ft cruise ship, so much for first come first served. But since we were the only boat here they said if I moved all the way to the far end we could stay. Luckily because all the other docks here are very expensive from $2.50 to $5.00 per ft and the town dock is $1.50 per ft and ther is no anchorage and we realy wanted to see Savannah. From here we will do a few days up the ICW to Charlston SC were we will stop for a few. By the way we might have to turn the heat back on, they are saying it could go into the low 50s or high 40s the next few nights, so maybee we are going the wrong direction.
Comments
Vessel Name: Bay Tripper
Vessel Make/Model: Tartan 33
Hailing Port: Boston Ma.
Crew: Michelle, Michael, Joshua and Bradleigh
About: We are a family sailing south from New England to the Bahamas with a 3.5 year old boy and a 1.5 year old girl.
Extra: Here we go again! If we hadn't done this trip before I would think we were crazy.

Who: Michelle, Michael, Joshua and Bradleigh
Port: Boston Ma.