Adventures of Solace

Paul and Gina Rae on board their yacht Solace, as they make their way around the world from San Francisco. Visit also our Web site & Paul's Boat Projects through the Home link to the right.

02 December 2017
20 October 2017
20 October 2017
19 October 2017
17 October 2017
04 October 2017
30 August 2017
30 August 2017
30 August 2017
30 August 2017
18 August 2017 | Mopelia
12 August 2017
06 August 2017
06 August 2017
06 August 2017
06 August 2017
06 August 2017
22 June 2017
22 June 2017

Leaving Panama

16 March 2017
Hopefully we have seen the last of the big ships up close.
We spent a little time looking around the city and stocking up on the last few items we needed then it was time to leave. We left behind a few good friends, especially Matt and Dagma on Matylda as the wind came up enough for us to depart to Ecuador. Most others were leaving straight for the Marquesas. We managed to fix an ongoing water leak in the dinghy, but we guessed that it would return. I managed to get some new cushion covers made and a few other sewing repairs. The engine and generator got some good quality routine maintenance. Our outboard had lost its gear lever but it was not very fixable at this time so we are constantly in forward gear. Beats being in idle all the time. Maybe a fix later on down the way. We hoping the dinghy and its motor will last till NZ as these are expensive to replace in the islands. After having our fill of the big smoke, it was time to move on. We checked out with a plan to stop at Las Perlas Islands on our way to Ecuador. A chance to get in the water again and clean the bottom. Water around Panama was too dirty for us to do anything in the water.
Comments
Vessel Name: Solace
Vessel Make/Model: Hylas 44
Hailing Port: Santa Cruz, CA
Crew: Paul and Gina Rae
About:
Paul – In a previous life he was a diesel mechanic in the NZ Army for 6 years. Made a career shift to nursing and has remained in this field ever since. Has dabbled with sailing intermittently throughout the years with sailing courses and charters. [...]
Home Page: http://solaceadventures.me
Social:
Solace's Photos - Main
Out and about in Santa Marta
4 Photos
Created 19 December 2016