Sailing With Sora

Terry and Karen circumnavigating the globe currently in Phuket, Thailand. Will remain in the area for a refit and some road trips around Asia for a year or so.

09 December 2010
02 March 2009 | Phuket
02 March 2009 | `Phuket
23 February 2009 | Andaman Sea
19 February 2009 | Bangkok
06 February 2009 | Thailand
24 December 2008 | Langkawi, Malaysia
09 December 2008 | Penang
06 December 2008 | Penang
02 December 2008 | Penang
29 November 2008 | Kuhla Lumpur
25 November 2008 | The Straits of Melaka
15 November 2008 | Johor Bahru
02 November 2008 | Singapore
17 October 2008 | Kumai
10 October 2008 | Borneo (Kalimantan)
09 October 2008 | Borneo
03 October 2008 | Kangean
28 September 2008 | Return to Lovina
28 September 2008 | Cruise to Lombok

Up in the Air

08 February 2007
Cass
The day started with a trip to Manta, Ecuador where the Immigrations office is located. The agent who stamped us in was probably the most efficient woman in South America. I have never seen a government worker execute her job with such purpose and efficiency. We were in and out in less than 30 minutes, god bless her.
We hopped on a bus to Guyaquil (3 and a half hours in AC with big seats and leg room for 5 dollars ) with plans to catch a bus to Lima (24-28 hours). However, we had a quick fateful exchange of words over almuerzo. Call it a family meeting, if you will.
Terry sighs and asks, "You know what?"
Cassie and Mandy reply in unison, "What dad?"
"Lets just fly to Lima. I don't want to spend 28 hours on a bus."
"Are you serious?...Effin awesome!"

And that's how we came to Lima yesterday.
We flew with LAN, who I highly recommend, from Guyaquil and arrived in Lima shortly after 7pm. Other than dad going into psycho pilot panic attack mode in the airport, everything went fantastically smooth. I wont say airport security was lax, but we didn't get the American 'you're-probably-a-terrorist' treatment that makes modern day air travel a pain in the ass. Once in the air, I enjoyed my complimentary 2oz white wine while gazing out of my window at the mountain peaks, the coast, and a sunset as vivid as they come. I'd say that it was a refreshing alternative the sea level sunsets I've grown accustom to.
Hostal de Patio, our lodging for the night, is so charming that it was difficult to muster up the energy to go out into the city this morning.
But, after a cup of coffee, I believe we are going to venture into downtown Lima to visit some historically stimulating museums.

Oh, I'd like to retract the thirty-seven or so times that I misspelled Machu Picchu. Oops.

I am at a internet caf� in Miraflores, Lima and once again I've been informed by the captain that what I'm doing should be done faster, cheaper, and without hindrance to his schedule.

Cheers
cass
Comments
Vessel Name: Sora
Vessel Make/Model: Tayana 55' Ketch
Hailing Port: Pensacola Beach, FL
Crew: Terry & Karen Kreitzberg
About: Terry Kreitzberg is retired and he and his wife are in the process of a circumnavigation. Not in any hurry, will sail till the wheels come off.

Who are we, and just what do we think we're doing?

Who: Terry & Karen Kreitzberg
Port: Pensacola Beach, FL