Sailing With Sora

Terry and Karen circumnavigating the globe currently in Phuket, Thailand. Will remain in the area for a refit and some road trips around Asia for a year or so.

09 December 2010
02 March 2009 | Phuket
02 March 2009 | `Phuket
23 February 2009 | Andaman Sea
19 February 2009 | Bangkok
06 February 2009 | Thailand
24 December 2008 | Langkawi, Malaysia
09 December 2008 | Penang
06 December 2008 | Penang
02 December 2008 | Penang
29 November 2008 | Kuhla Lumpur
25 November 2008 | The Straits of Melaka
15 November 2008 | Johor Bahru
02 November 2008 | Singapore
17 October 2008 | Kumai
10 October 2008 | Borneo (Kalimantan)
09 October 2008 | Borneo
03 October 2008 | Kangean
28 September 2008 | Return to Lovina
28 September 2008 | Cruise to Lombok

Au revoir!

29 May 2008
Cassie
This is how happy I am to be leaving Noumea. Don't get me wrong, New Caledonia is a beautiful island, the city is just.icky. We stayed longer than planned to get our water maker motor repaired but the mechanic wanted 80,000 CFP (1146.00 USD). Dad was less than thrilled at the estimate. We filled the water tanks to the brim, took long showers in the marina facilities, and said "give us our motor back, we're outta here."

For me the highlight of this landfall, other than the fantastic coffee and obscenely tasty croissants, was a visit to the cathedral. I happened in one evening right about sunset during a walkabout and was pleasantly surprised by what must have been a U-10 or U-12 football team singing these beautiful hymn-like melodies in harmony. I have no idea what language they were singing in- neither French nor English. To tell you the truth, it didn't matter. The way their voices resonated throughout the old building was so moving that it was impossible not to get the goosebumps. The coach said a prayer for the team to play well in the up-coming tournament. They all huddled together for a group photo and I offered to take the happy snap of the whole team. They were ridiculously appreciative. I happened upon them in the town centre that same night and was showered with Bonjour! and Hello! and Merci Mademoiselle! and thank you lady! by the young boys. I have no doubt that they won their game.

So we are off to Vanuatu! We may stop in the Loyalty Islands on our way out which is kind of a no-no as they are still part of NC. Don't tell on us.

Cheers to wearing your sneaky pants Cass
Comments
Vessel Name: Sora
Vessel Make/Model: Tayana 55' Ketch
Hailing Port: Pensacola Beach, FL
Crew: Terry & Karen Kreitzberg
About: Terry Kreitzberg is retired and he and his wife are in the process of a circumnavigation. Not in any hurry, will sail till the wheels come off.

Who are we, and just what do we think we're doing?

Who: Terry & Karen Kreitzberg
Port: Pensacola Beach, FL